2-4 Crashes a day since Aug 23 Update.

2 hours ago, Vulpes Cohort.4823 said:

Hello there!
Got the same problem, sort of.
I'm playing GW2 from two PCs, in different locations, my home gaming PC (AMD Ryzen 5600, RTX 3060Ti, SSD) and annother PC (AMD Ryzen 1700, AMD Vega 56, SSD). Had no problems atall with both PCs (both running same version of windows 10) untill a few weeks ago when on the other PC (Ryzen 1700) the game client started to crash randomly. I have disabled my addons and still nothing. Today it started crashing even more often. It dropped me two times in 5 mins, once trying to port to Home instance, second time harvesting the nodes inside the instance.
Some ghildies recommended me to lookup some repair patch or exe available but couldnd find anything, apart for the old fashion repair trough the loader.

If you post your crash report (Show Details), someone may be able to assist you.

Good luck.

I used to have what seems like a similar crashes. And it stemmed from virtual memory. The only way I fixed it was set virtual memory manually on my main drive and turn off on all others(On most windows versions it's in System/Advanced System Properties/Performance Options/ and the Advanced tab). I manually set the initial size of VM to the "recommended" shown in the window and the maximum size to exactly 1.5 times the Initial size. It worked like a charm and I've helped a few others the last couple years with that. 

I had literally tried everything for days and tried every fix anyone had tried for crashes since the games inception. Just make sure you only have VM on on that one drive if you have multiple drives. 

Obviously before you give this fix a try take a snapshot or write down exactly what you originally had for VM settings to begin with just in case it causes issues for some reason. GL. Hope it works for at least some of you. 

• 4 weeks later...

yup still have the same problem still my old cpu still plays the game no problem no crashes but my new bee knees computer still crashes randomly and as soon as it does im off and playing something else there seems to be no fix for this problem on the horizon just keep sending the crash reports time and time again perhaps when they get 100 or so off me they might find a work around its annoying that until the aug 23 update both my machines had no issues whatsoever if i'm playing  wvw at a point where there's a lot to do i don't even try and play on my new machine because you can guarantee halfway through or almost finished crash you go and have to start again 

• 3 weeks later...

this is getting bad the crashes are happening more frequent now and when they go i lose all my work up till that point now been trying to get of the sheijend island for 4 days now and keep crashing after i stop the jade construct that malfunctions for it to put me back on the island the crashes are intermittent at best some time i can play for an hour some time in my last instance it was only 5 mins come on anet we cant be the only people having this issue you have had at least thirty plus crash reports from me alone since aug you must know what the problem is i want to use my new gaming computer to play this game which was why i paid a great deal of money to buy only to now be forced to use my old machine to play what was once my fav game i'm seriously thinking of going back to gws 1 or leaving totally for something else this is the last straw 

• Haha 1