2-4 Crashes a day since Aug 23 Update.

~i've had prolly a crash every hour or two since the update. i play usually 3 to 6 hours a day in WvW.

~before update, maybe 1 crash in months.

~i mostly WvW.

~crashes are all on the main account. (i don't play the steam account very much, just a few hours total, but haven't had any crashes there yet. If i did crash on that account, I'd post on the forums from that account)

~I've sent official crash reports every time.

additional info:

~ i have an original head-start 10th year anniversary GW2 account (on main samasung 980 NVMe drive)

~ i have a 2nd GW2 account through steam (steam is on a WD Black HDD, and steam GW2 is on a samsung 960 evo SATA SSD)

~ windows 11 pro

~ Ryzen 9 5900x, crosshair 8 extreme mobo, g.skill ram (on the mobo's QVL list), 2070 supers x2 (in NVLink)

~ again, no problems before the update.

EDIT: I found advice from another thread to move the game folder OUT of Program Files / Program Files (x86) because it somehow causes confusion with permissions. i created a new folder called Games , at the same level as the Program Files folders (to see them in the same list) and i've gotten a lot fewer crashes since. maybe 1 crash in a 6-8 hour play session. While in the default Program Files (x86?) folder, the game crashed many times in a 6 hour playing session, like 4-6 crashes in that time.

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281
  • Like 2

The exact same issue as Grimey and my WiFi adapter is disabling it self as a side effect i have re installed all drivers/updates/  operating system and its updates several times now and only now after all that i come here i have lost hundreds of GB of data an files because of this all and i don't even care about that. I care that i cant fix it on my end at all so it would be great if the company responsible took some time out to address this and thank you Forgotten Legend for that bit of information kinda should seen that coming

same problem here trying to get through my game is next to impossible at one point it even rebooted my machine so its still and issue i've sent 4 reports and had 6 serious crashes so far ill give it a miss now im having to repair my archive and that can take for ever to do please please let me know when this is fixed im an avid gws 2 fan and if ive read report the steam account if you install gws 2 does not recognise previous accounts which makes no sense to me 

You will find a significant amount of the player base throughout SEA, Ocx and EU are having the same problem. Ie ping from my regional location (OZ) to the Login server is 117-125ms (TCP Packets), the return path is  up to 2k++ (60% of time) since 23 Aug. This seems to be the same with a great majority of playing population here. So much so that connection error popups were constant, with intermittent crashes. Anet did address this regional policy but its coming back again. For myself... definitely not worth even really logging in. I do remember that this issue happened the last time STEAM was integrated. 

• Confused 1

I've been crashing (rather freezing my full PC up to a point of forced restart) every 30-60mins. I've tried every possible tip and trick I found in the similar threads of the past 4 years, nothing helps. Does this problem solve itself at some point as a new patch is introduced? It is SO frustrating... 

Here, it's not playable anymore, when i'm doing meta, taking waypoint, when i open the pvp panel in ranked i crash.

I keep sending the info to Anet (I sent around 15-20 mails when the option to send it to Anet appears during a crash).

I hope it will be resolved.

https://imgur.com/a/WGi3rrh

BEdit: efore some updates i never encountered any crashes in 2 years playing the game, but now it's crash fiesta 😕

Edited by Choyacute.8591

I'm getting similar things. Been going back and forth with support since Monday. They seem to want to blame it on Windows 11, but everything has been fine until this last patch. I have checked every driver, verified everything is up to date. I'm still using the same graphics driver that I was before the crashing started (even did a clean install of it). I've done a number of -repair runs, I've gone so far as to complete remove and reinstall the game at this point. Still crashing. Game only runs about 5 minutes before it crashes at this point.  

Additional notes - I don't have any of the adds on - Arc, Blish, Taco, LaunchBuddy, none of that is installed.  My GW2 also lives in its own folder outside of my program files. 

I have the same issue. Crash every 30 seconds or so. Sometimes I can play a bit longer but ultimately maximum is around 10 minutes. Funny as it is I have 2nd pc which doesn't crash at all. Also crashes started from STEAM update.

After issueing ticket to support I have been given some basic troubleshooting (nothing camout of it). Also support asked me for a bunch of data which they didn't use at all since they were sending me copy pasted istructions whihc were repeating itself...I have been asked to reinstall game TWICE. A support is a joke.

37 minutes ago, Dreik.4209 said:

I have the same issue. Crash every 30 seconds or so. Sometimes I can play a bit longer but ultimately maximum is around 10 minutes. Funny as it is I have 2nd pc which doesn't crash at all. Also crashes started from STEAM update.

After issueing ticket to support I have been given some basic troubleshooting (nothing camout of it). Also support asked me for a bunch of data which they didn't use at all since they were sending me copy pasted istructions whihc were repeating itself...I have been asked to reinstall game TWICE. A support is a joke.

Have you tried what OP mentioned in the first post? There is an edit.

Is your game installed in the Program Files folder? If so try putting it in a folder called games or something.

i have been playing gw2 on my old computer with no problems whatsoever for 2 days so i'll be trying again on my new beasty computer there has been some updates so we will see if not what is there left to do but wait and see is anet sorts this problem out or some switched on person figures an generic way around this issue before my computer explodes 😞

Although doesn't happen that often, I've been getting crashes when switching maps maybe once every couple of days since the Aug 23rd updates. And very slow loading compared to before.

Previously, might encounter a crash once every few months. Nothing has changed on my end. The only change is the updates.

• 3 weeks later...

glad to see this is still a problem now the new gws 2 nightmare tower requires public server to progress into the game 5 secs in crash sort this out a net its not only annoying but i cant see why this is happening and its putting me off playing the game now not had a problem like this ever until now and no response on how to fix this get it sorted pleaseeeeee 

• Confused 1

Hello there!
Got the same problem, sort of.
I'm playing GW2 from two PCs, in different locations, my home gaming PC (AMD Ryzen 5600, RTX 3060Ti, SSD) and annother PC (AMD Ryzen 1700, AMD Vega 56, SSD). Had no problems atall with both PCs (both running same version of windows 10) untill a few weeks ago when on the other PC (Ryzen 1700) the game client started to crash randomly. I have disabled my addons and still nothing. Today it started crashing even more often. It dropped me two times in 5 mins, once trying to port to Home instance, second time harvesting the nodes inside the instance.
Some ghildies recommended me to lookup some repair patch or exe available but couldnd find anything, apart for the old fashion repair trough the loader.