Vindicator dodge suggestion

Eds.7260

Give vindicators the option to end dodge animation quickly. "Time on air" while dodging is dead time for dps or delayed timing for heals/barrier to be given. Ending dodge early to be able to do more is a decent trade-off.

What do others think?

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Eds.7260 said:

What do others think?

I would say the best way to go with vindi dodge is making it shorter duration in the air while also reducing the endurance requirement from 100 to 50, it needs to be way faster  and spammable. Sort of like mirage cloak.

Edited by KingJake.6529
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/26/2022 at 5:11 AM, Eds.7260 said:

Give vindicators the option to end dodge animation quickly. "Time on air" while dodging is dead time for dps or delayed timing for heals/barrier to be given. Ending dodge early to be able to do more is a decent trade-off.

What do others think?

Thats what i have been saying around the forums since vindi first beta ajjajaja

• Confused 1

After recently playing Monk on Diablo Immoral with the Legendary "Reaching Rebuke" that turns Exploding Palm into an offensive dodge; makes me wish Anet would turn Vindi dodge into that.  In effect it does the same thing as Vindi's dodge (Launches you into the air and you come crashing back down dealing damage in an area [as well as applying the exploding palm debuff]) but has an air time roughly the same as a normal dodge in GW2 (keeping the two charges) and is ground targeted instead of allowing movement while it's active (which I think would be better [would rather instantly pop up in some ones face than disappearing for 3 seconds first]). It gives a better feeling of "I'm using my dodge for offensive engagement" than Vindi's current state.

• Like 1

This is something I've been asking for a long time too. The problems with leaving it the way it is now: loss of DPS, too predictable, no possibility to jump or pass certain obstacles in the air (for lack of the elementalist's mist form for example), in the air you can be controlled, or take certain alterations, in certain staircases like in WvW on red map you are slowed down like with the razzia. It's still a lot of negative points on a gameplay that is at the center of the vindicator.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1