Untamed Hammer Combos massive potential

Mell.4873

I have been playing around with Hammer and trying to flesh out a rotation with Fervent Force in mind.

I will say that the Hammer is a crazy combo machine.
Normal 3 and 5 produce a stun while Unleashed 2 and 4 are your damage. If you weave them together you can easily get a 20k burst over a very short duration. This in Open World is brutal and can end fights especially with lots of Mobs much quicker than a Soulbeast rotation ever could. Not to mention the Combo loop is very short and can maintained almost indefinitely.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

From a DPS perspective, hammer isn't actually that great. The sustain isn't good enough to beat out axe and longbow on soulbeast and the burst isn't there either.

It's useful for Alac Untamed, but that's about it.

It has far more mobility than both of those weapons combine so outside Golem DPS I'm able to pull much higher numbers. 

Edit: I meant during the rotation in combat not any movement skills. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

It has far more mobility than both of those weapons combine so outside Golem DPS I'm able to pull much higher numbers.

There's a greatsword variant that does the same thing the bench just ends poorly on the standard golem setup

Running rock gazelle is also meta now so you've got the mobility right there along with GS3 if mobility is your concern

OW it's fine to use hammer but saying hammer is really that great is overselling it a bit

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

There's a greatsword variant that does the same thing the bench just ends poorly on the standard golem setup

Running rock gazelle is also meta now so you've got the mobility right there along with GS3 if mobility is your concern

OW it's fine to use hammer but saying hammer is really that great is overselling it a bit

I more meant the stationary nature of the attack chains. I mean Axe 5 and Longbow 5 leave you unable to move for the attack animation. Even Greatsword has similar issues when using its skills but the advantage Hammer has its all its skills are AoE and not cleave so they hit in circle not a cone.

The aoe is very tiny tho and mobs can still walk out of it easily.

Hammer is fine for open world pve, but so is soulbeast which can melt trash even faster while also having better ranged dmg. 20k burst is nothing special. Axe 2+3 alone can hit for more. Without sic'em.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, hammer is essentially relegated to sPvP because the CC's were designed around it.  

For the rest, I don't have much on soulbeast being better in open world pve than untamed--seems wrong though since unleashed ambush skills (specifically axe) are insanely good at tagging. 

Hammer seemingly would also be better at tagging because all its skills are cleave; and yes they may have a smaller radius but you also aren't getting nuked by ranged reflect mechanics.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

11 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

The aoe is very tiny tho and mobs can still walk out of it easily.

Hammer is fine for open world pve, but so is soulbeast which can melt trash even faster while also having better ranged dmg. 20k burst is nothing special. Axe 2+3 alone can hit for more. Without sic'em.

Yes but you still have to be wait for the cooldowns to consistently AoE. Don't get me wrong I do use Soulbeast and on single targets like bosses it can easily get more 10k extra dps on top (especially from ranged attacks.)

Im meaning more general content where the extra upfront damage doesn't mean much when you will either die or be waiting for cooldowns since you blew them on ads. 

In terms of PvP, Untamed has great chasing potential to bad other classes are just better like Willbender. It could be used in a Zerg push but requires good timing on your skills and ultimately Druid is better.