Buying Gems question

They switched payment processors recently, so yeah, sometimes the transaction can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. Sometimes it has to do with making a purchase for the first time through that processor and other times it's a security check that causes the delay. You can get around this by buying and redeeming gem card codes directly (though these may not work with the Steam version of the game).

• Confused 1

My experience is nothing like AgentMoore's.  I buy them through the in-game Black Lion interface, and I use PayPal.  I am pretty close to the NA servers, though hopefully that doesn't matter.  Now that the purchase doesn't even toss me out to a browser, it's about as fast as I can click on the amount desired and press the PayPal button.  I usually can't even track my eyes up from the Submit button to the upper left gem amount before it's refreshed to show my purchased gems.

However, if you have a new account and these are gems you bought along with buying the account, they do hold up gem delivery for up to 70 plus hours.  That's a safeguard against gold sellers and other cheaters who void the transaction immediately after getting the gems.

13 minutes ago, Donari.5237 said:

My experience is nothing like AgentMoore's.

My experience used to be like yours prior to the processor switch. Nothing changed on my end, so it's purely an ArenaNet/Processor thing. YMMV though, which is why I say that 'sometimes it can take hours to days' - because it can, even with Paypal. You can read a thread other people have written about it here and ArenaNet's official FAQ on it here.

So, fast or slow, apparently that's the new normal. Hopefully this helps keep people from panicking if things don't show up right away.