Steam account bugs and strange behaviors

On 9/18/2022 at 11:56 AM, nargilli.6987 said:

Absolutely no, you can unlock glider and mount also with only EOD and without to do any mission.

Yes I think this is a nonsense, unlocking glider and mounts just in PvE, if You paid for a full expansion you should be able to play WvW as intended today, same for PvE but there PvE Team did a better work, so people with only EoD can enjoy also new maps that they paid for.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/18/2022 at 2:56 AM, nargilli.6987 said:

Absolutely no, you can unlock glider and mount also with only EOD and without to do any mission.

Explain:
Glide in your world's territories. (requires Heart of Thorns)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Experience#War_Gliding_Mastery

It seems that players are still confused about the difference between PvE and WvW masteries.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 8:02 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

Explain:
Glide in your world's territories. (requires Heart of Thorns)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Experience#War_Gliding_Mastery

It seems that players are still confused about the difference between PvE and WvW masteries.

No, you dont need HOT for glider, if You buy EOD (without HOT or POF) You get it (just base glider) the first time You enter an EOD map, as the mount, You get it at level 10, so why you would need HOT or POF to get basic glider and basic mount in WvW? since You bought an expansion You should be able to have the same as in Pve, not depending on the masteries, this happen just because PvE team did a great work but WvW team didn't, they are too busy with "alliance" to understand the "hole" they left in EOD for WvW players, they buy an expansion and they have to play as a free to play player, nonsense.

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

No, you dont need HOT for glider, if You buy EOD (without HOT or POF) You get it (just base glider) the first time You enter an EOD map, as the mount, You get it at level 10, so why you would need HOT or POF to get basic glider and basic mount in WvW? since You bought an expansion You should be able to have the same as in Pve, not depending on the masteries, this happen just because PvE team did a great work but WvW team didn't, they are too busy with "alliance" to understand the "hole" they left in EOD for WvW players, they buy an expansion and they have to play as a free to play player, nonsense.

Again, stop causing confusion of War Gliding with PvE gliding like I pointed out in my post you quoted.  It's completely different mastery lines and you need HoT to unlock the WvW mastery line.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Again, stop confusing War Gliding with PvE gliding like I pointed out in my post you quoted.  It's completely different mastery lines and you need HoT to unlock the WvW mastery line.

You don't seem to get the point, it's not about MASTERY LINE, it's about BASIC GLIDER and BASIC MOUNT, no mastery involved, please stop replaying something not related with the post, everyone knows that they have different mastery line, BUT this is not the Topic of this post, at least read the first one.

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, NaramSin.2693 said:

You seems do not understand the point, it's not about MASTERY LINE, it's about BASIC GLIDER and BASIC MOUNT, no mastery involved, please stop to replay something not related with the post, everyone know that they have different mastery line, BUT this is not the Topic of this post.

And you seem to miss the point that this topic was started by a person who wanted to know why they couldn't glide in WvW.  Arguing about whether it should be included is not helpful to readers trying to understand if they need to purchase HoT or not in order to get gliding in WvW.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

And you seem to miss the point that this topic was started by a person who wanted to know why they couldn't glide in WvW.  Arguing about whether it should be included is not helpful to readers trying to understand if they need to purchase HoT or not in order to get gliding in WvW.

Please read the first post, he didn't what you say, he asked why you can have a basic glider and a basic mount in PVE but not in WvW IF he bought EOD, that is a really good question, so stop changing the topic from the original one.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

Please read the first post, he didn't what you say, he asked why you can have a basic glider and a basic mount in PVE but not in WvW IF he bought EOD, that is a really good question, so stop changing the topic from the original one.

Please read the post I was responding to before jumping in randomly and quoting what I wrote.  Not my problem that this forum isn't properly threaded and readers have a hard time following unthreaded conversations.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Chaba.5410 said:

Please read the post I was responding to before jumping in randomly and quoting what I wrote.

Ok, now You have to read the topic that started your reply:
", but again if I boost to 80 and I go WvW I cannot unlock the glider and/or the mount, I need to buy also HOT and POF expansions to be able to unlock them, so in PVE I can use something that i can't use in WvW with the same expansion, this si not clear and not fun for a new player."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Please read the post I was responding to before jumping in randomly and quoting what I wrote.  Not my problem that this forum isn't properly threaded and readers have a hard time following unthreaded conversations.

Well, you replied to me and, surprise, I meant to say exactly what the Author and NaramSin says ....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

Ok, now You have to read the topic that started your reply:
", but again if I boost to 80 and I go WvW I cannot unlock the glider and/or the mount, I need to buy also HOT and POF expansions to be able to unlock them, so in PVE I can use something that i can't use in WvW with the same expansion, this si not clear and not fun for a new player."

Why did you quote my post then instead of the first post?

You keep talking about staying on topic yet you jumped into a tangental discussion about the difference between "Basic" gliding and WvW gliding by quoting my post that was trying to clear up the confusion about which expansions you need to own.  It's kind of weird to ask me to provide additional comment on something I never talked about.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, nargilli.6987 said:

Well, you replied to me and, surprise, I meant to say exactly what the Author and NaramSin says ....

And yet that isn't what you said.  War Gliding requires HoT ownership and you responded in disagreement.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chaba.5410 said:

And yet that isn't what you said.  War Gliding requires HoT ownership and you responded in disagreement.

ok, enough, if you don't want to admit you didn't understand the topic of this thread ok, seems for you it's more important this than help players. have fun.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

my post that was trying to clear up the confusion about which expansions you need to own.  It's kind of weird to ask me to provide additional comment on something I never talked about.

For the LAST time: Everyone knows this, this is not the point, you can't clear a confusion that do not exists, everyone knows that you need to have HOT for glider (Pve and wvw) and POF for mounts (pve and wvw) and that they have different mastery line, it's ok, this is clear, no confusion, now that you are happy please get over it, if You buy EOD You can have a BASIC mount and a BASIC glider WITHOUT buying HOT and POF, and what he asked for was to be able to have the same in WvW since You should be able to play the game in the same way (pve and wvw) and not play pve as you bought an expansion but WvW as a free to play player. this was the point, if you want to talk about soimething else create a different post, pretty please.

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

everyone knows that you need to have HOT for glider (Pve and wvw) and POF for mounts (pve and wvw) and that they have different mastery line, it's ok, this is clear,

And yet that simply isn't true to anyone who can read the thread of responses properly.  Someone was confused and provided incorrect information as if someone with EoD only is able to put points into the WvW mastery line.  And let's just say I wasn't the only one to provide such correction, which is a normal progression in any forum, yet you feel some need to pick on my post?  For what reason?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1