Celestial build with Ventari Tablet for open world/WvW advice?

BlankHearts.8216

So I'm running a Celestial Renegade build right now using Shortbow and Staff. I like this idea of being an all-rounder and I also like how the player controls the Ventari Tablet, kinda like the set play you see in fighting games I suppose. I found some slightly old builds on Guildjen, along with some dated information lying around the internet. I could use some newer info regarding such a build.

https://guildjen.com/celestial-ventari-renegade-roaming-build/

From what I understand, this build lacks CC in WvW so I'm wondering what people do to play around that or fix the issue.

Edited by BlankHearts.8216

• BlankHearts.8216 changed the title to Celestial build with Ventari Tablet for open world/WvW advice?

The build that is posted is still really good and I don't think there's any outdated choices on there despite the recent changes to Salvation. I fluctuate my sigils on shortbow but otherwise I run the same stuff. You can also mix and match your Salvation traits depending on if you want to offer more team support.

I wouldn't say the build lacks CC at all. It actually has a lot of it between staff 5, shortbow 5, Jade Winds, and Energy Expulsion. IMO its biggest weaknesses are being vulnerable to CC and really high melee pressure while in Ventari. Solutions to that are being smart with your positioning and managing your energy and legend swap cooldowns well so you have defensives available if necessary. The Ventari/Salv changes made the build stronger and it blends offense, defense, and support quite well since it capitalizes so highly on all the stats from Cele. It's like a sidegrade from the Shiro/Jalis build, which you can always run if you end up not liking Ventari.

as someone that shamelessly stole za shaloc's build after seeing it on youtube, i can absolutely vouch for it being a prime choice if you want to absolutely clap stuff like harbingers/rangers/mechanists in wvw. feels about as strong as pre-nerf Jalis/Shiro cele renegade did, and feels stronger than Jalis/Shiro currently is, imo.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

The build that is posted is still really good and I don't think there's any outdated choices on there despite the recent changes to Salvation. I fluctuate my sigils on shortbow but otherwise I run the same stuff. You can also mix and match your Salvation traits depending on if you want to offer more team support.

I wouldn't say the build lacks CC at all. It actually has a lot of it between staff 5, shortbow 5, Jade Winds, and Energy Expulsion. IMO its biggest weaknesses are being vulnerable to CC and really high melee pressure while in Ventari. Solutions to that are being smart with your positioning and managing your energy and legend swap cooldowns well so you have defensives available if necessary. The Ventari/Salv changes made the build stronger and it blends offense, defense, and support quite well since it capitalizes so highly on all the stats from Cele. It's like a sidegrade from the Shiro/Jalis build, which you can always run if you end up not liking Ventari.

Hey, thanks for the reply! I was getting worried no one played Ventari Tablet!

I really appreciate the advice too. I wanted to ask, is Shiro's Impossible Odds used at all in WvW?

Edited by BlankHearts.8216

23 hours ago, BlankHearts.8216 said:

Theres some players using the tablet, funny how tablet used to be a 16k aoe heal and players never used it before.

Impossible odds is useless in wvw, maybe can work on a pure power build.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 2

On 8/31/2022 at 9:35 AM, BlankHearts.8216 said:

I really appreciate the advice too. I wanted to ask, is Shiro's Impossible Odds used at all in WvW?

Personally I think Impossible Odds is very strong for the build. While it doesn't add any condi damage...

-It increases the ramp up for your might stacks quite significantly via Vindication. More might stacks equals more damage, both power and condi.

-Power damage is still a decent portion of your outgoing damage so it's not wet noodle damage by any means.

-Shortbow has a naturally very "easy to apply" synergy with IO.

Going off of hypotheticals. I try to use it after CCing somebody, when I have quickness up, and when I'm generally trying to hard pressure somebody. Since it has an ICD of 1/4s the more packets of damage you can inflict, the better. The damage on the build is decent but when fighting against higher sustain builds, Impossible Odds will bring that extra level of damage that's needed to actually secure kills. 

Aside from its damage, it is also very helpful for helping proc Charged Mists. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Personally I think Impossible Odds is very strong for the build. While it doesn't add any condi damage...

-It increases the ramp up for your might stacks quite significantly via Vindication. More might stacks equals more damage, both power and condi.

-Power damage is still a decent portion of your outgoing damage so it's not wet noodle damage by any means.

Going off of hypotheticals. I try to use it after CCing somebody, when I have quickness up, and when I'm generally trying to hard pressure somebody. Since it has an ICD of 1/4s the more packets of damage you can inflict, the better. The damage on the build is decent but when fighting against higher sustain builds, Impossible Odds will bring that extra level of damage that's needed to actually secure kills. 

the damage of IO tends to be decent only with bursty skills like sword skills and under dedicated power stats, if OP is ment to play with bow rene 200 damage on top of 400 damage  with bow speed and flow barelly will create impact.

And WvW is mostly sturdy bunkers  being minstrells or condi burst builds on sturdy stats.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

On 9/1/2022 at 6:19 PM, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Is there any value in using say, an Axe and Mace or switching to Herald and going Sword/Shield or Mace/Shield?