Pet stealth nerf

Fuzzy.6925

4 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Unleashed pet skills cannot be set to auto-attack (it was in the patch notes).  

Honestly unsure why you'd want to as they all serve a defensive function...

3 hours ago, Giosif.4327 said:

They are referring to the pet's normal skills autocasting, not its Unleashed skills on Untamed.

It's kinda sad. It was nice QoL in PvE because Ranger pets are so nerfed it wasn't a big deal. They do like 1/10 the damage of the Green God Golem.

Right, I mean the regular skills, not unleashed (green) skills. The pet would use them off CD if set to auto-cast, while leashed or unleashed. With the last(?) patch they now only use their one base auto-attack in pet unleashed mode. Thought I'd mention it, as it's not in any of the patch notes.

36 minutes ago, Fuzzy.6925 said:

Right, I mean the regular skills, not unleashed (green) skills. The pet would use them off CD if set to auto-cast, while leashed or unleashed. With the last(?) patch they now only use their one base auto-attack in pet unleashed mode. Thought I'd mention it, as it's not in any of the patch notes.

They were always supposed to only use auto-attack when unleashed and I've never seen pets us their auto-set skills while unleashed. (If they did then it was a bug)

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Unleashed pet skills cannot be set to auto-attack (it was in the patch notes).  

Honestly unsure why you'd want to as they all serve a defensive function...

They don’t thou: f1 and F2 are not a defensive function. If you disagree explain why F1 or F2 is a “defensive function”

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

They don’t thou: f1 and F2 are not a defensive function. If you disagree explain why F1 or F2 is a “defensive function”

Some basic examples:

F1 can (and should) be traited for the blind---a defensive function.  

F2 is a blast finisher, so blast into stealth--a defensive function.

In general, yes I understand in PvE you just spam them all off rotation because 'mah DPS' and anets infatuation with LI encounters (even most fractals and strikes are this way)--but untamed was made for competitive, and there you should not be letting the pet autocast those lol.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

They were always supposed to only use auto-attack when unleashed and I've never seen pets us their auto-set skills while unleashed. (If they did then it was a bug)

Bug or not, it definitely worked. Was a nice little buff, and hardly game breaking. It's a bit of a bummer is all. Either way, they could have at least put it in the patch notes, like they did for the "spirit boons coming from the ranger instead of the spirits themselves" bug fix (also a bummer).

Oh well.

Something something... can't have nice things, mechanist go brrrrr, and all that jazz 🤷‍♂️.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Some basic examples:

In general, yes I understand in PvE you just spam them all off rotation because 'mah DPS' and anets infatuation with LI encounters (even most fractals and strikes are this way)--but untamed was made for competitive, and there you should not be letting the pet autocast those lol.

I agree that pet unleashes are mainly utility, but you can also trait so, i think its f1, strip boons, what i mean is while youre right that they shouldnt let unleah skills be auto, i think a couple of them can be used as offensive skills too.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:43 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Some basic examples:

let’s be honest here:

we got autos in F1-F3 because mechanist. And because mechanist doesn’t have dual skills (unleash) we don’t get any unleashed  skills with auto. 
Because if anet would have done this with focus on ranger not only we would get the pet skills on autos but also the merged soulbeast skills, which there are plenty with 1-3s cooldown. 

Independently of being used for whatever it does not harm to have the possibility to set them so as auto cast. Having more options is never bad and if you don’t want autos you aren’t forced to do so. Anything else are just excuses. 

ranger is really depression. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

let’s be honest here:

we got autos in F1-F3 because mechanist. And because mechanist doesn’t have dual skills (unleash) we don’t get any unleashed  skills with auto. 
Because if anet would have done this with focus on ranger not only we would get the pet skills on autos but also the merged soulbeast skills, which there are plenty with 1-3s cooldown. 

Independently of being used for whatever it does not harm to have the possibility to set them so as auto cast. Having more options is never bad and if you don’t want autos you aren’t forced to do so. Anything else are just excuses. 

ranger is really depression. 

Maybe, but also, they want to sell Untamed.  No reason to apply auto-attack functionality to core, druid, or soulbeast because untamed is the one with full pet control and the one that needs auto setting.

Also, adding the auto to the unleashed skills is just more confusing than it's worth IMO.  They aren't meant to be spammed off CD in 2/3 game modes, so adding auto to them just reinforces and already bad way to use them.  

i don't buy this has anything to do with Mechanist at all.  Untamed needed the auto attack to begin with so pet DPS didn't fall behind core, this has nothing to do with any power creep Mechanist may be seeing.  

I also don't want Untamed to be Mechanist or even follow that path in the slightest, as Mechanist is an awful class in both sPvP and WvW, and only holds on in PvE because of the LI rifle build.  So, complaining about Mechanist or comparing it to Untamed seems pointless.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

On 8/30/2022 at 11:55 AM, Beddo.1907 said:

No this was never a bug the point of the update was to lower the APM (action per minute) needed to play untamed efficiently by letting the pet do whatever it does automatically before and give you the choice to toggle or not which ability you want to trigger manually.

Now all the sub 8 sec or even 10 sec pet ability CD need to be acknowledged and remembered if you camp a bit unleash on pet... Thats another thing you need to track... (sigh) like if untamed had not like 5 buttons to press every sec...

We need this to be fixed asap... thats was a nice QOL update for like... 6 days.

Also the feline Quickness bug have been adressed but it could have been a good idea to adress all the other species in the same patch since its pretty much the same bug.

Edited by Gabrya.6297
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 9/4/2022 at 5:28 PM, Gabrya.6297 said:

No this was never a bug the point of the update was to lower the APM (action per minute) needed to play untamed efficiently by letting the pet do whatever it does automatically before and give you the choice to toggle or not which ability you want to trigger manually.

Now all the sub 8 sec or even 10 sec pet ability CD need to be acknowledged and remembered if you camp a bit unleash on pet... Thats another thing you need to track... (sigh) like if untamed had not like 5 buttons to press every sec...

We need this to be fixed asap... thats was a nice QOL update for like... 6 days.

Also the feline Quickness bug have been adressed but it could have been a good idea to adress all the other species in the same patch since its pretty much the same bug.

On 8/30/2022 at 5:12 AM, Fuzzy.6925 said:

Wait, I think I'm understanding now--are we saying even when unleashed the pets would still use their normal attacks? So, say Smokescale, would do smoke assault and it's KD attack if it was in unleashed / green state?

That is 100% a bug, just like spirits pulsing around the ranger instead of the actual spirit. 

For pets it'd never last like this, because 2/3 modes are competitive, and Smokescale for instance would have two teleports while unleashed (the F1 and Smoke Assault)--no one is standing for that.  

I think this is where the community disconnect is coming from, as Untamed was not designed as a PvE or LI spec.  The unleashed pet skills are not meant to be spammed, and the pet should only be auto-attacking during unleashed state to stop it from double dipping on its normal functions (because like hammer, when you unleash ranger any auto the pet used would be on CD).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/1/2022 at 10:33 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Maybe, but also, they want to sell Untamed.  No reason to apply auto-attack functionality to core, druid, or soulbeast because untamed is the one with full pet control and the one that needs auto setting.

That is an interesting thought. What if i tell you they are interested to sell copies of the game but not personally interested in one class in particular. 

They already have the overtunned mechanist to apprise the pet crowd. They even overtunned the rifle so they could also bring in the pewpew with a tank pet crowd. Or did you think that wasn't premeditated. 

No they aren't particular interested in selling the UnFun. they can't be if none of them has actually play with the class and did the skill design and other traitlines balance changes based in the wiki or what  other mains tells them.