Can you still get the free mount box

I read somewhere that it will be available for 3 weeks, from the day it was added. I'm not sure where I saw that but the Wiki says it will be available until the 20th September.

Bear in mind the new player will need to own PoF to be able to claim it. Free, Heroic and EoD-only versions don't get it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I read somewhere that it will be available for 3 weeks, from the day it was added. I'm not sure where I saw that but the Wiki says it will be available until the 20th September.

Yeah I read that as well.

8 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Bear in mind the new player will need to own PoF to be able to claim it. Free, Heroic and EoD-only versions don't get it.

I was never sure of this. I thought you could always buy skins and unlock them for your account, just not use them obviously cause you wouldn't have any mounts without PoF. But what you're saying is that without PoF you can't even get skins for your account. Interesting.

1 minute ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Yeah I read that as well.

I was never sure of this. I thought you could always buy skins and unlock them for your account, just not use them obviously cause you wouldn't have any mounts without PoF. But what you're saying is that without PoF you can't even get skins for your account. Interesting.

It's confusing. Some things, like Living World episodes, can be unlocked by anyone even if they can't use them. Other things are locked until you can use them and most gemstore cosmetics work that way. When I log into my free account and look at the gem store's style category all the mount skins, gliders, skiffs etc. are locked.

I understand why they do that for paid items because it would be annoying to pay for something and then find you can't use it without buying more stuff, but it doesn't make sense when it's a free give-away.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have some sort of 'mount licence template' saved somewhere and the code to only allow people to buy it if they have PoF is built into that and didn't get changed.

It's also not entirely fool-proof. For example if I've used all my character slots on medium and light armoured characters I technically can't use a heavy armour set without deleting one or buying more slots, but I can buy it from the gem store. Or if someone has EoD but not PoF they can get the raptor and springer, but can't buy skins for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It's confusing. Some things, like Living World episodes, can be unlocked by anyone even if they can't use them. Other things are locked until you can use them and most gemstore cosmetics work that way. When I log into my free account and look at the gem store's style category all the mount skins, gliders, skiffs etc. are locked.

I understand why they do that for paid items because it would be annoying to pay for something and then find you can't use it without buying more stuff, but it doesn't make sense when it's a free give-away.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have some sort of 'mount licence template' saved somewhere and the code to only allow people to buy it if they have PoF is built into that and didn't get changed.

It's also not entirely fool-proof. For example if I've used all my character slots on medium and light armoured characters I technically can't use a heavy armour set without deleting one or buying more slots, but I can buy it from the gem store. Or if someone has EoD but not PoF they can get the raptor and springer, but can't buy skins for them.

Very interesting. I mean, I always played with the latest expansion active, so I never ran into this issue. I just never thought about it. Thanks for the explanation though.