New Profession based rune sets

Mell.4873

Typically they have some synergy with their utility skill type, now that's not always the case but it is something to consider. We also see synergy with the mechanic in some way.

Harbinger:

1. +25 Vitality
  2. 10% Boon Duration
  3. +50 Vitality
  4. 10% Condition Duration
  5. 100 Vitality
  6. Elixirs inflict poison on enemies for 4 seconds. Elixirs grant allies might for 5 seconds.

This version is already probably Way way too optimistic for what we'd see but this is probably close to what I'd guess. Focus on vitality and something to do with elixirs.

Mechanist:

1. +25 Power
  2. +35 Condition damage
  3. +50 Power
  4. +65 Condition damage
  5. +100 Power
  6. While you have an active summon, deal 5% more damage. Whenever you activate a signet skill heal your summons.

I don't see this one as being all that great, something that focuses primarily on signets and working in that signature feature of having a pet.

I'm not going to go through all of them, these are just examples of what I think they could look like. I don't think they'll be even this good since history has shown us we've had a few stand outs and the rest were just not great.

profession-based runes can go from useless to interestingly niche. they're not meant to be meta choices because otherwise, we would power-creep old runes. these often have nice defense or utility or enhance what the espec does (like the 6th bonus from mirage runes, from guardian runes, or from firebrand runes).

untamed
1. +25 power
2. +35 power
3. +10% stun, knockdown, daze duration
4. +65 power
5. +100 power
6. when you use a cantrip, you gain a pulsing heal for 4s and gain stealth for 2s. would be 150 health per second.

harbinger:

1. +25 condition damage
2. +10% torment duration
3. +50 condition damage
4. +20% poison duration
5. +100 condition damage
6. elixirs grant regeneration and inflict slow (8s cooldown). gain superspeed for 5s after you use an elixir. 

you could get a hybrid condition/heal harbinger; because of twisted medicine + vile vials, your elixirs grant regeneration more often and share regen; with high healing power, your regen will take care of players' health. the slowness is reminiscent of the old vile vials trait when it caused elixirs to slow enemies. :') 

• Confused 1