ARC DPS (and all damage meters) are ruining the game

SolidTx.3249

12 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Clearly it is not start your own group/squads and advertised as chill run and you will be fine.

Or try to limit it away from open world PvE

Lets say with an official Meter ? Or guild-based where allow you to see your members + other guilds that have unlock it ?

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Or try to limit it away from open world PvE

Lets say with an official Meter ? Or guild-based where allow you to see your members + other guilds that have unlock it ?

Why is this needed do they somehow damage you in any way by seeing how you preform?

6 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why is this needed do they somehow damage you in any way by seeing how you preform?

People missuse the tool , so we better come up with a solution.

Just like there are laws that prevent to tell someone that  his stupid ,  we must take some actions too to prevent harassment .

In instance content is necessary , so we allow it

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 6

DPS meters help people tune their rotations and builds.  However, DPS meters also bring out the absolute toxicity in people and groups where players make an arbitrary minimum DPS you have to bring to the group.  "You must do this much damage or else, harumph!!"  They also don't allow players to play how they want for the second reason stated as players get forced to play specific build or they don't get invited to the group.  

Not sure how this is confusing to whoever.  It's pretty straight forward

Edited by Balgorath.2604
  • Confused 5

35 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

take some actions too to prevent harassment

That's what the report option is for. Weirdly(?) enough, I don't remember the last time anyone said anything about other people's dps, all the harassment a missuse you're talking about here.

28 minutes ago, Balgorath.2604 said:

They also don't allow players to play how they want for the second reason stated as players get forced to play specific build or they don't get invited to the group.  

That's false and it was already explained on the previous pages of this thread. Dps meters are objective and don't require anyone running any specific build. What happens when the players won't have that objective way to see at the group? Well, that's when people can start screening through the builds, no matter how it's actually used in practice. If someone is misusing a tool, it's the user that's the problem, not the tool.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

That's false and it was already explained on the previous pages of this thread. Dps meters are objective and don't require anyone running any specific build. If someone is misusing a tool, it's the user that's the problem, not the tool.

It's absolutely not false.  People get removed from groups for A) not using a specific build and/or B) not pumping out the arbitrary DPS.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's what the report option is for. Weirdly(?) enough, I don't remember the last time anyone said anything about other people's dps, all the harassment a missuse you're talking about here.

That's false and it was already explained on the previous pages of this thread. Dps meters are objective and don't require anyone running any specific build. What happens when the players won't have that objective way to see at the group? Well, that's when people can start screening through the builds, no matter how it's actually used in practice. If someone is misusing a tool, it's the user that's the problem, not the tool.

That's why we must create counter-messures against these people .

Each game should find a way to protect it's community

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Balgorath.2604 said:

It's absolutely not false.  People get removed from groups for A) not using a specific build and/or B) not pumping out the arbitrary DPS.  

Not once I've seen anyone's build to be checked, so not sure how they'd be supposed to be removed for it.

Again: Dps meters are objective and don't require anyone running any specific build. What happens when the players won't have that objective way to see at the group? Well, that's when people can start screening through the builds, no matter how it's actually used in practice.

The notion about dps meters somehow causing people to require specific builds is completely backwards.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not once I've seen anyone's build to be checked, so not sure how they'd be supposed to be removed for it.

Again: Dps meters are objective and don't require anyone running any specific build. What happens when the players won't have that objective way to see at the group? Well, that's when people can start screening through the builds, no matter how it's actually used in practice.

The notion about dps meters somehow causing people to require specific builds is completely backwards.

Oh, you're one of those who say, "It hasn't happened to me so it's not true."  Conversation is done because I don't talk to those who put their fingers in their ears going, la la la la.  

• Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Balgorath.2604 said:

Oh, you're one of those who say, "It hasn't happened to me so it's not true."  Conversation is done because I don't talk to those who put their fingers in their ears going, la la la la.  

No, I'm not. Can you stop ignoring what I specifically wrote now? Because it's not what you're claiming it is. It's -for the 3rd time- this though:

Interesting how you're describing me as someone who "puts their fingers in their ears going, la la la la.", while you're repeatedly ignoring what I'm saying. 🙄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

No, I'm not. Can you stop ignoring what I specifically wrote now? Because it's not what you're claiming it is. It's -for the 3rd time- this though:

They need specific builds , to do the dirasable dps

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Woof.8246 said:

Yes , as the other poster said , that toxicity exist , that why we must take counter-messures , by limiting the information to specific areas .

Because those people exist

I'm not advocating for DPS meters to not be used.  I was explaining what it's mainly designed for and how it's used in the wrong way.

• Confused 2

They need specific builds , to do the dirasable dps

No, pretty much nobody checks people's builds, so that notion is false. "Enough dps" is made by a lot of builds, not just the meta ones, which is what you for some reason seem to consistently think.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Woof.8246 said:

And we must also ake prevention steps

Are you even reading what you're quoting? The prevention tool against that is the report system. Are you also for removing every knife, baseball bat and hammer from existance beacuse it can be used to cause harm? 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

No, pretty much nobody checks people's builds, so that notion is false. "Enough dps" is made by a lot of builds, not just the meta ones, which is what you for some reason seem to consistently think.

Again you  need specific builds to do the desirable dps .

People in the instances see your end-dps and if not met they kick  you .

That why we must limit this mentality i some specific areas

• Confused 3

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Are you even reading what you're quoting? The prevention tool against that is the report system. Are you also for removing every knife, baseball bat and hammer from existance beacuse it can be used to cause harm? 🤦‍♂️

Report is the way to the  PUNISHMENT

Prevention , is something before it happens .

We do both , like any countries law

• Confused 3

Again you  need specific builds to do the desirable dps .

What is that specific build?

People in the instances see your end-dps and if not met they kick  you .

So if they're kicking you, they're kicking you for bad performance, not for not having x build.

That why we must limit this mentality i some specific areas

If you want to "limit mentality"(?) then you better get that psychology degree asap and start talking to people. Because removing a tool doesn't change their mentality.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

We do both , like any countries law

By the EXACT same manner to what you've just said, law doesn't ""prevent"", it's the basis for punishment.

Stealing is against the law. Does it mean nobody steals? Nope, because that's not what law does. Just like ingame report system. Law is a set of rules, nothing more.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So if they're kicking you, they're kicking you for bad performance, not for not having x build.

Yeah , that why we limit the dps meter in istance group , so that mentality is contained there

13 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If you want to "limit mentality"(?) then you better get that psychology degree asap and start talking to people. Because removing a tool doesn't change their mentality.

Before i get my degree , we prevent this mentality from occuring in our game  . With an official Meter , that is not visible on OW (many don't care what happens in the instances , theyare beyond saving ....hence that why i want a new 3rd community to exist with auto-lfg)

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 4