Prime Gaming

3 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I'm quite familiar with Prime Gaming Drops.  There weren't any Guild Wars 2 drops for some months, and just recently 4 drops showed up (again).  We got one drop; 3 were 'Available Soon', now one (the third one) says 'No longer available'. 

Yeah, it's the same for other games, nothing out of ordinary here -it's a twitch thing, not gw2 thing.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

What?  Four were offered, we got one, four are still there, but one is no longer available, plus one for the Outfit. 

Not sure what it has to do with Twitch.   Certainly don't need a Twitch account for Prime Gaming drops. 

Because the one that's done got flipped to the end. You say you're familiar with twitch drop, but it seems you're not (which is k btw 😄 ) since -again- this is also the issue (only the first time you see it, then you start understanding it means nothing) for other twitch drops. Again, again: nothing out of ordinary. Not really gw2 issue, it's a twitch issue. You didn't miss the drop that wasn't there.

Prime, twitch, w/e -the access is all the same.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Because the one that's done got flipped to the end. You say you're familiar with twitch drop, but it seems you're not (which is k btw 😄 ) since -again- this is also the issue (only the first time you see it, then you start understanding it means nothing) for other twitch drops. Again, again: nothing out of ordinary. Not really gw2 issue, it's a twitch issue. You didn't miss the drop that wasn't there.

Prime, twitch, w/e -the access is all the same.

The first one did not flip to the end tho this is what OP is on about.

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/guildwars2

• Like 1

Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Wow.  Big difference between Twitch and Amazon Prime.  But, you do you.  🤦‍♂️

Both are connected and that was never the point, way to divert from the actual topic as if that changes anything that was said here 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

The first one did not flip to the end tho this is what OP is on about.

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/guildwars2

And what I'm about is that this is normal there. Click on the other games and you'll find it's the same with those.

What do you see here? https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/legendsofruneterra

And here? https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/overwatch

What about here? https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/worldoftankspc  (scroll the list to the right)

Does this make it clear or am I seeing there something else than you and OP do? (this is not a hypothetical question, I would be extremely surprised if I saw something else, but who knows)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Connected?  What has Prime Gaming to do with Twitch?? 

Never mind.  In your mind it's all connected, yes. 

I could not find any 'No longer available' with no content ever offered. 

Doesn't matter; just something unusual not seen before for Guild Wars 2 (and any other game, I, personally have noticed). 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Connected?  What has Prime Gaming to do with Twitch?? 

Never mind.  In your mind it's all connected, yes. 

Get on twitch and click on the little crown on the top right. Or get on prime and read what it gives you.

So not connected, silly me. Again, that was never the main point anyways, so you're welcome for the information that this is normal there, but oof.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

I see now. Prime Gaming for GW2 now shows 4 items:

Banners at top say: "Available soon" | "Available soon" | "No Longer Available" | "Claimed"

But at the bottom say "Coming Soon" (X3) + the outfit that has already been claimed. 

I think someone just screwed up the 3rd banner. Copy | Paste kind of error.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diak Atoli.2085 said:

Reads the thread.

Ah, I see. I neither have Amazon or Twitch. 😅

This banter got me curious, though! I don't have an Amazon Prime account, either, but when I logged into Twitch to get the 10th anniversary drops from watching supported live streams, I also noticed the "Prime" option in the menu, but assumed it was something called Twitch Prime.

@Sobx.1758: What relation do these two have, exactly, besides having the "Prime" name in common? How are they connected?

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

This banter got me curious, though! I don't have an Amazon Prime account, either, but when I logged into Twitch to get the 10th anniversary drops from watching supported live streams, I also noticed the "Prime" option in the menu, but assumed it was something called Twitch Prime.

@Sobx.1758: What relation do these two have, exactly, besides having the "Prime" name in common? How are they connected?

Pretty sure that's already answered in my post above? It's not "just prime in name", twitch has a tab on the top of its page to get you to prime gaming rewards. How do you think this is not connected?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Pretty sure that's already answered in the post above?

Not really. I mean, I could do some research myself, but it's late and I'm lazy, and since you're already here... 😁

I always assumed that Amazon Prime's Gaming section was independent of any third-party platform and that whatever in-game codes you acquired from Amazon Prime Gaming had nothing to do with Twitch drops.

Anyway, you don't have to respond. I will soothe my curiosity tomorrow after a good night's sleep. 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Not really. I mean, I could do some research myself, but it's late and I'm lazy, and since you're already here... 😁

I always assumed that Amazon Prime's Gaming section was independent of any third-party platform and that whatever in-game codes you acquired from Amazon Prime Gaming had nothing to do with Twitch drops.

Anyway, you don't have to respond. I will soothe my curiosity tomorrow after a good night's sleep. 😉

+ @Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ok then, since googling something is an obstacle too great to overcome for some in this thread:

Is Prime Gaming through Twitch?
Prime Gaming is a premium experience on Twitch that is included with Amazon Prime and Prime Video memberships. Prime Gaming includes bonus games and exclusive in-game content, a channel subscription every month at no additional cost to be used on any Partner or Affiliate channels, exclusive emotes, and chat badge.

Here's a bonus one since for some reason you're saying something about "third-party platform":
Does Twitch own Amazon?
It is operated by Twitch Interactive, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc.

Again: so not connected. 🙃
Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And what I'm about is that this is normal there. Click on the other games and you'll find it's the same with those.

What do you see here? https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/legendsofruneterra

And here? https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/overwatch

What about here? https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/worldoftankspc  (scroll the list to the right)

Does this make it clear or am I seeing there something else than you and OP do? (this is not a hypothetical question, I would be extremely surprised if I saw something else, but who knows)

And what was offered from Guild Wars 2 that is no longer available, as every example you've shown lists the In-game content no longer available?  Which I addressed long ago in this very thread. 

• Confused 2