I must be the worst Mesmer out there...

angrax.1372

Mesmer was my first main and still one of my favorite PvE professions. So, naturally, I chose it as one of the classes to get the legendary back pack from PvP (win 3, 5, 7, 10 matches with 3 different professions).

Well, the first 3 tier were relatively easy to obtain. But now, I don't know what changed, I am on a losing streak of about 20:1. I need only 2 more victories to make the 10 wins but kitten it, it is hard.

I mean, even if I AFK'ed I should still get one victory every now and then, as I have seen happen other times. I went from gold 3 all the way so silver 2 and I keep dropping. I actually am finding it a lot harder to win in lower tiers than in gold 3 (maybe there is more people to carry a match in higher tiers?).

It is frustrating. But I will have to stick to it. I am now curious to see how bad it can get. At least the other two classes should be a breeze.

• Confused 1

How are you playing?

I mean the Meta at the moment is all about carrying your team to victory so if you are good and know you can play at gold 3 be selfish. I mean I almost always camp Mid unless I'm playing with plat players then I camp home.

Roaming or Support wont get you back to gold essentially.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 4

10 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

How are you playing?

I mean the Meta at the moment is all about carrying your team to victory so if you are good and know you can play at gold 3 be selfish. I mean I almost always camp Mid unless I'm playing with plat players then I camp home.

Roaming or Support wont get you back to gold essentially.

I don't mind my rank. I just want the achievements for the legendary gear. I can get back to gold with my condi mechanist.

I played successfully with this same Roamer Mirage Staff/sword build for all previous achievements (around an expected 1:1 win loss ratio). But now, I find that I am always fighting 3v1 or 2v1 and the team still wipes in middle. Even when I successfully roam, the other team still wins.

Maybe meta has shifted to pure dps so it does not matter how many nodes you cap since you are basically fighting alone all the time? Dunno. It was not that hard before.

Edited by angrax.1372

23 minutes ago, angrax.1372 said:

I don't mind my rank. I just want the achievements for the legendary gear. I can get back to gold with my condi mechanist.

I played successfully with this same Roamer Mirage Staff/sword build for all previous achievements (around an expected 1:1 win loss ratio). But now, I find that I am always fighting 3v1 or 2v1 and the team still wipes in middle. Even when I successfully roam, the other team still wins.

Maybe meta has shifted to pure dps so it does not matter how many nodes you cap since you are basically fighting alone all the time? Dunno. It was not that hard before.

Yeah you got it, the meta is non-existent outside Cheese builds even in PvP Tournaments.

I mean I'm not the best PvP player by far but I can play in Platinum solely because I bend the rules of the game. Most games I just get top kills because I run around noob stomping rather than actually doing anything useful. I will often abandon Far or Home since I would rather be alive to Noob stomp than get try 3v1 or 2v1, again selfish playstyle.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Mell.4873 said:

Yeah you got it, the meta is non-existent outside Cheese builds even in PvP Tournaments.

I mean I'm not the best PvP player by far but I can play in Platinum solely because I bend the rules of the game. Most games I just get top kills because I run around noob stomping rather than actually doing anything useful. I will often abandon Far or Home since I would rather be alive to Noob stomp than get try 3v1 or 2v1, again selfish playstyle.

I usually get away from unfavorable fights. But what happens often, is that I hold the cap against 2 or 3 for a commensurate amount of time and when I need to give up the node and look at the map, the opposing team still has the other 2 nodes?

So I have to rotate to another one and stay alive but all I did was trade one for another.

4 hours ago, otto.5684 said:

Mesmer is almost a completely different class with in pvp, especially mirage. Honestly, if you play another class I would recommend you play that in pve. Mesmer is currently very bad in pvp.

I have the complete opposite opinion. The Mesmers I see, especially Mirage dominate most PvP matches.

Granted the Mirage I see almost always duo so they have someone covering their burst, still they easily snowball games when played correctly and in the current meta that works best. It probably wont win you any tournaments but hey it will get you Gold 3 or Plat.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

I have the complete opposite opinion. The Mesmers I see, especially Mirage dominate most PvP matches.

Granted the Mirage I see almost always duo so they have someone covering their burst, still they easily snowball games when played correctly and in the current meta that works best. It probably wont win you any tournaments but hey it will get you Gold 3 or Plat.

Mesmer is a noob stomper and really good one at that. Problem is when you play against people who are good at the game and you just get shut down super hard. 

Specter is condi mes on steroids and untamed is power mes on steroids. They literally make mes completely pointless. I love Mesmer, it’s why I play it. But it’s dog water in this meta.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Mesmer is a noob stomper and really good one at that. Problem is when you play against people who are good at the game and you just get shut down super hard. 

Specter is condi mes on steroids and untamed is power mes on steroids. They literally make mes completely pointless. I love Mesmer, it’s why I play it. But it’s dog water in this meta.

I do play Untamed although a condition varient so I can attest to their strength in sPvP. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

You are mixing player skill with class effectiveness. Any highly skilled mirage player could the class to P2. That does not mean anything for the class/builds over all balance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1