Adding tonics which give the cosmetic effect of infusions

54 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The 2 gold isn't exaggerated, meta and 8 crystalline catches (behind the wall) is ~2g85s. And it was probably more, since amalgamated alone costs ~70 silver now, until 2019 it was ~1g and 70 silver or more. So correct your math and consider that players can easly do more than just log in for a 15 minute event -right off the bat, the 3 easy dailies give you at least 2 gold, more if it's mystic coin which for quite some time was another 2gold. So....

I dont include gold from other sources here. Only the ones from the meta and even if you take in consideration those prices it would still take about 7 YEARS of doing it DAILY to get the gold. You go ahead and do just that, in 10 years you may even have 2 of them! 😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

I dont include gold from other sources here. Only the ones from the meta and even if you take in consideration those prices it would still take about 7 YEARS of doing it DAILY to get the gold. You go ahead and do just that, in 10 years you may even have 2 of them! 😄

Yeah and -you know- if I spend all the time in queensdale killing spiders I'll make EVEN LESS, so I guess by that arbitrary reasoning I just came up with, gold prices make everything literally unobtainable and unplayable. By what logic or reason are you counting "just that one meta" anyways? Not only undercutting the actual gold you'd make through that single repeated event when you "did some math", but also refusing to even count something as trivial as dailies. Alrighty then, you do you, good luck 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

Let's do some math. Heart of Thorns expansion was released on 23rd October 2015, since then 2505 days have passed. Someone who did that meta every day since release (for about 7 years) and got about 2 gold (exaggerated imo) from each meta would have grinded about 5010g and right now would be just barely over the half gold needed and would still need 7 more years to get all the gold needed considering I just checked the price of the chak infusion and it is 9800 gold right now. You are basically saying that someone should do that meta daily for 14 years in order to get the infusion.

This is quite ironic as your original post about the time spent farming the map was hyperbole. Now you choose to underestimate the amount of gold you get for the meta event and rule out other sources of gold you get throughout the years. Anything to get your point to be where you want it to be yes? 

If someone want the infusion, they will use all their gold to get it. They wont use just the gold they get from that one meta and save it for all those years. Imagine calculating after every meta and be like "mmmmyes i got 1,96 gold this meta. Time to add it to my to my chak infusion budget!" So including gold from other sources you play during these years is quite logical to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah and -you know- if I spend all the time in queensdale killing spiders I'll make EVEN LESS, so I guess by that arbitrary reasoning I just came up with, gold prices make everything literally unobtainable and unplayable. By what logic or reason are you counting "just that one meta" anyways? Not only undercutting the actual gold you'd make through that single repeated event when you "did some math", but also refusing to even count something as trivial as dailies. Alrighty then, you do you, good luck 😄

You cant make more than a few dozens gold per hour and being from raids, fractals and strikes which can only be done daily or weekly. It would still take someone years to hoard 10k gold, but continue acting as if one item in the game which simply gives a little sparkly effect should really be worth years of playing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

This is quite ironic as your original post about the time spent farming the map was hyperbole. Now you choose to underestimate the amount of gold you get for the meta event and rule out other sources of gold you get throughout the years. Anything to get your point to be where you want it to be yes? 

If someone want the infusion, they will use all their gold to get it. They wont use just the gold they get from that one meta and save it for all those years. Imagine calculating after every meta and be like "mmmmyes i got 1,96 gold this meta. Time to add it to my to my chak infusion budget!" So including gold from other sources you play during these years is quite logical to do.

That was in response to someone who said "if they did THOSE EVENTS they would grind the currency to buy them", not the fractals, strikes or raids, you are obviously trolling at this point

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

Only if it lets me switch off those effects. Having 3 of those epileptic hazards on my screen is bad enough. I'd rather not imagine having 30 of those because the gaudy effects would be more easily accessible.

Yes, some mount skins have an eye sore effect, you cant turn them off from settings but if there are a ton of players the skins might "lag" and the original mount skin would be shown, so it wouldnt be impossible for arenanet to make such a setting, the only ones affected would be the ones who want to show off

• Confused 4