Increased lag

The game has been lagging a lot recently. 

I reduced all the graphics settings to lowest.

Now I can't even see other players sometimes.

At first, it did improve a bit.

But now, it's back, regardless of everything being in the lower settings. 

I'm only getting 10 FPS average.

How can I improve this... if I can?

Or is it server sided?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

The game has been lagging a lot recently. 

I reduced all the graphics settings to lowest.

Now I can't even see other players sometimes.

At first, it did improve a bit.

But now, it's back, regardless of everything being in the lower settings. 

I'm only getting 10 FPS average.

How can I improve this... if I can?

Or is it server sided?

You aren't the only one that experience this problem lately. Drizzlewoid seem to trigger severe lag or even a couple seconds freeze before game will run until next lag or freeze and this seem to happen mostly around last stage in meta (North side or close around Frost Citadel).

• Like 1

Piling on

- Every WvW blob fight these days is minimum 3.9k ping

- WvW was constant 200-300 a few months back, now min 500 - 1.9k ping
- Had to restart roller beetle racing countless times due to lag, went through portal but lag... but timer keeps going down. (No one even does beetle)
- Had my few slide show + DCs for Dragonstorms and my first DC right before rewards today... all progression gone...

• Like 1

I've been getting major sharp lag spikes in large battles in wvw, battles that wouldn't affect my system. This has been going on for about two months now. Weird thing is it isn't every fight and takes about 30-60 mins of being on before it starts to happen. All my temps are at usual normal levels, nothing was changed with hardware, software up to date, this is the only game giving me these spikes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Xenesis.6389

I might be wrong, but this is just a guess.

It might be a new Anti-Cheat System they might have implemented, with certain conditions; for instance, if you gain a certain amount of XP within a period of time, the scanner will activate, thus causing the lag.

I remember other mmos doing this, such as Combat Arms; it lagged the heck out of players, but cheaters still found a way to cheat.

This is merely speculation though.

Might be why I haven't seen so many AFK farmers lately in my instance, as there used to be.

Funny that last night there was an asura ele spamming minions in Wayfarer foothills garrison.

There was nothing there to farm.

There are only npcs, such as the crafting station vendors.

So it might teleport afkers to the nearest Way Point.

I don't know.

Could it be because of the increase of player activity? 

Yesterday in Bjora Marches had a couple of really bad lag spikes.

The game literally froze for a few seconds.

Seems strange to me.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

@Xenesis.6389

I might be wrong, but this is just a guess.

It might be a new Anti-Cheat System they might have implemented

Dunno about that. Last time they tried to implement an anti-cheat it caused an uproar in the community because it would scan your system for 3rd party programs I think it was. You're suggesting it's for gaining a huge amount of exp (well wxp for wvw since that's where I'm playing) in a short amount of time, only problem is that is very easy to do in wvw, especially if you get a keg drop which gives you an instant 5 wxp levels, something a botter/afker would have way less chance of getting. So I don't think it's that, plus you would get a lot of zerg players noticing it as well.

I didn't put that confused emoji btw, I appreciate you taking the time to respond at least. Been trying to find a solution, updated drivers, full antivirus scan, gw2 repair, cleaned hardware, reduced mouse polling rate(this actually seemed to help a little at first), deleted gw2 cache. Now I've reinstalled gw2, if that doesn't work then moving the game to another ssd and take it from there I guess.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ye one of the recent patches has completely destroyed frame rates! It's really frustrating.

Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 10 core 3.7GHz (Clocked at 4.5GHz) Liquid cooled

RAM: Corsair 64GB

GPU: 2x Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1080 8GB in SLi

PSU: Corsair 1000W

Display: 2x 32" 4K

Needless to say, the specs are above minimum. I used to be able to run 3x game clients on this PC, the main one with max settings, and the 2 extra "alts" with medium settings, and have ZERO lag. Now I can barely run ONE client with medium settings.

No my pc does not have a virus.

No my pc does not have a cooling issue.

No my pc does not need to be be reformatted, rebooted or have the game client re-installed. (I actually re-installed the game client when I first experienced the lag issues).

Yes my pc has the latest graphics drivers.

No nothing has changed on my pc to cause this. You know what has changed though? Some recent game patches! Hmmm....

• Like 1

My game has been lagging for the past week in raids and fractals, it is getting to the point where I don't think I can participate anymore if it carries on because motion just stops then it starts again a short while later but during this fast paced content this is a matter of life and death in the game, missing mechanics (e.g. standing in black during Deimos for example). It is really upsetting me and my pc is not that old I don't use it for hardly anything else really.

• Thanks 1