Stance Share Weaver

xChris.8904

I don't know if this has been suggested ever before. What has definitely been talked about a lot is weaver being a pure dps that provides nothing else to the group. That is fine for me, but for most people when it is combined with the rather complex rotations or glass cannon nature of elementalist, it draws them away from picking it. Also looking at weaver traits, some of them look quite bland and uninteresting to me. Specifically elemental pursuit and woven stride. What i would do is merge these 2 in one, they have similarities anyway, and make the middle grandmaster something actually worth taking. This is just a fan concept that in my opinion would give a little more flavor to the spec and make it more popular. I only have instanced pve in mind, i don't play wvw or pvp so i can't talk about any specifics for these game modes. Also i didn't run any numbers, this was made only to show the idea, i don't know if it would end up being broken or not, which i doubt since there is a trade off with elements of rage and since it is pretty difficult for weaver to replace any utility skills without suffering big losses. Primordial stance is always there but with my way, just applying the conditions it wouldn't help the power build. Also unravel and twist of fate feel kinda useless for organized group play. Weave self is the most interesting one in my opinion, there are almost no specific buffs around anymore and this would put weaver in a special category. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/5OPZeg3

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, xChris.8904 said:

I don't know if this has been suggested ever before. What has definitely been talked about a lot is weaver being a pure dps that provides nothing else to the group. That is fine for me, but for most people when it is combined with the rather complex rotations or glass cannon nature of elementalist, it draws them away from picking it. Also looking at weaver traits, some of them look quite bland and uninteresting to me. Specifically elemental pursuit and woven stride. What i would do is merge these 2 in one, they have similarities anyway, and make the middle grandmaster something actually worth taking. This is just a fan concept that in my opinion would give a little more flavor to the spec and make it more popular. I only have instanced pve in mind, i don't play wvw or pvp so i can't talk about any specifics for these game modes. Also i didn't run any numbers, this was made only to show the idea, i don't know if it would end up being broken or not, which i doubt since there is a trade off with elements of rage and since it is pretty difficult for weaver to replace any utility skills without suffering big losses. Primordial stance is always there but with my way, just applying the conditions it wouldn't help the power build. Also unravel and twist of fate feel kinda useless for organized group play. Weave self is the most interesting one in my opinion, there are almost no specific buffs around anymore and this would put weaver in a special category. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/5OPZeg3

Weaver doesn't need to be a support hybrid.  Both DPS and healer support hybrids are covered by the other elites.  In my opinion, quit messing around trying to limit the spec and make it truly top tier DPS as it should be.

Also, sharing unique effects as impactful as Weave self isn't going to happen.  They just shifted all the unique buffs over to boonshare.  Doing this would make weaver a must in every group for the buff alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Weaver doesn't need to be a support hybrid.  Both DPS and healer support hybrids are covered by the other elites.  In my opinion, quit messing around trying to limit the spec and make it truly top tier DPS as it should be.

Also, sharing unique effects as impactful as Weave self isn't going to happen.  They just shifted all the unique buffs over to boonshare.  Doing this would make weaver a must in every group for the buff alone.

I am not saying it has to be a support hybrid. Is soulbeast a support hybrid? Is it a must in every group? No. And what i am suggesting is basically to copy the soulbeast trait to an extent, of course my implementation could undergo many changes if someone invested the time to flesh this out properly and all the details. 

Making it top tier dps wouldn't change much lets be real. The issue with elementalist is that it requires a lot of effort to perform well, the ones who can put it don't have trouble being useful to the group by doing a lot of dps. The ones who can't would probably struggle even if it did above 40k. Going that direction would just make the top elementalist players happy and some groups that want to get speedkills. 

What weaver needs to see some play outside of whoever picks it because it is fun, is to be able to provide something to the group.

• Confused 1

Instead of doubling down on the heal weaver meme they should probably completely gut aquatic stance's area healing and make it heal yourself only and condi clear or apply resolution to others. Skills such as ranger's healing spring , warrior / bladesworn's "To the Limit", or firebrand's mantra of solace are universally useful regardless of if you spec healing power.

If stance sharing is a thing on weaver then weave self would be more necessary which reduces accessibility of the class further, in addition to an utter need for complete redesign on Unravel. There's also the concern of "allied" benchmarks inflating performance. Twist of Fate would be a bad version of "Eye of the Storm" , Primordial stance would still not be attractive for power builds. Let's not forget that One Wolf Pack and Soulcleave were both nerfed for overperforming, that's why they have 1 second interval nowadays.

Power weaver is in a large predicament right now but as far as I can tell condi weaver can be played with more or less 2 attunements (fire+earth) on scepter and/or staff which cuts some of the difficulty for the playerbase.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1