Support Untamed is really good (PvE)

Mell.4873

I don't think people realize that Untamed Hammer has 3 stuns and when used in conjunction with Storm Spirit you can spam almost any skill off cooldown.

This means Spirit of Nature and Nature's Renewal (the resurrect) can be spammed once every 10 seconds. Skills like Guard the 33% damage reduction can be maintained on a party of 5. "Search and Rescue has a cooldown of roughly 12 seconds. Signet of stone becomes 20 seconds.

PS: It is highly dependent on when you can stun but 1/4 of the cooldown is roughly what I'm going off.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

• Mell.4873 changed the title to Support Untamed is really good (PvE)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 4:15 AM, anduriell.6280 said:

If you play support in PvE you are definitely playing the game wrong. I bet your other team members would preffer you to do some damage instead so the encounter can be clear easier.

Uhh what? There is usually some need for some type of support in group-play. It helps survivability for newer players. He's simply saying the build is really good for it's low CD's and high CC. Its a great build for open world too. Just my opinion, but telling someone they're playing the game "Wrong" is ridiculous. Get outta here with the Min/max stuff. Not everyone specifically plays sweaty META builds.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 9/10/2022 at 10:51 PM, Mell.4873 said:

This means Spirit of Nature and Nature's Renewal (the resurrect) can be spammed once every 10 seconds. Skills like Guard the 33% damage reduction can be maintained on a party of 5. "Search and Rescue has a cooldown of roughly 12 seconds. Signet of stone becomes 20 seconds.

So far none of those sound appealing.
Renewal and R&S are only worth it if your team downs a lot, which simply shouldn't happen that often if you want to do the encounter. (Sounds useful for raid teaching tho)
Guard! 33% DR sounds good, but your pet will most likely die from the damage on encounters that would benefit from DR.
As for SoS... I just don't really see the benefit of it in PvE. 

You would be better off just using FF for dps or switching to a different build/espec/class.
Ranger just doesn't have good cooldowns, all skills are either selfish, weak,  don't really work or all three.
Feel free to prove my wrong by showing the results of using it in team content.

22 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

So far none of those sound appealing.
Renewal and R&S are only worth it if your team downs a lot, which simply shouldn't happen that often if you want to do the encounter. (Sounds useful for raid teaching tho)
Guard! 33% DR sounds good, but your pet will most likely die from the damage on encounters that would benefit from DR.
As for SoS... I just don't really see the benefit of it in PvE. 

You would be better off just using FF for dps or switching to a different build/espec/class.
Ranger just doesn't have good cooldowns, all skills are either selfish, weak,  don't really work or all three.
Feel free to prove my wrong by showing the results of using it in team content.

I mean this all depends on the game mode, for Fractals for example swapping a few utilities might be needed. I was mostly using this for Open World Content with low player counts and it does exceedingly well.

The normal DPS Untamed like you have suggested has horrible survivability compared to this support version. I mean the reason I'm singing the praises of this build is because you cant die and can solo most of not all Open World content. I mean I was able to do Legendary bounties with a few Randoms just with this build.

Another thing to add to this build suggestion is the Moa Pet since the AoE heal can top-up the Spirit of Nature health (not completely without some Healing Power for Regen)

Edited by Mell.4873