Please add core mastery points to living world season one

Kolzi.5928

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You keep repeating "but the new players". This seems like you're somehow thinking there's an issue for the new players where there's not one. That's what I mean when I'm saying I don't understand what issue you're trying to create here. Beacuse "adding more wouldn't hurt" while constantly repeating "but new players!" is directly pointing at there being some issue for new players. But... you know, there isn't. Seems like your weird idea about getting players to skip the gameplay for no good reason (because you did w/e on your family's accounts).

About being arugmentative for no reason... it's ironic, because that's exactly how I see your posts in this thread 😄  ("players don't use guides so they don't know where masteries are!" -> they don't need to use guides, there's a filtering option ingame -> "it's not clear enough, players can play a long time and still not discover that option!" -> ok, no need to use it anyways because there are clearly visible mastery point symbols visible next to the achievements and their categories -> "it's not clear enough(???) and why not more points and also how are the players supposed to know which ones are hard and which ones are easy?" -> 🤦‍♂️ why would anyone be instantly "supposed to know which ones are hard/easy? Just play the game and they'll discover what's harder/easaier for them by themselves")

Did I miss something here?

Why do you keep shrugging? If you /shrug don't care (unless the constant shrugging is supposed to mean something else?) then why are you repeatedly writing what amounts to "but maybe add some more because, you know, new players!"? I'm a bit confused here. How else is the game supposed to direct you to it? The masatery icons are rather obvious, even if the new players doesn't know yet they're called mastery points. It's still something that rather easly draws the attention to itself, even if some players manage to miss it.

What ingame explanation of how to use it would you want to see?

Ok and while it might just be me (but doubt), I don't really see why they shouldn't vary in those aspects.

I was chiming in on the opinions already presented in the topic here. I don't think these changes are going to happen anyways. But if the do for some reason I don't see any harm in it. That's all.
The background info was just meant to inform that I have both done these earlier in the game and recently interacted with gathering the masteries again. Not to argue the system needs changing.
I've come to the thread in good faith and see no reason for this to be a hard disagreement. It's merely a discussion to pass the time.
I don't know how to better implement the UI. I think it's fine. It's just not particularly easy to use (imo, which doesn't matter to anet anyways). I think maybe my opinion of the system has come off as stronger than it is. It's all fine. Not great. Just fine. And that's good enough for me to spend countless hours in the game.

I do think I've added my views on the topic well enough and will move on. I'm just passing time until the end of the work day between tasks. Good luck and have fun. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2