to the new players going for the griffon mount

trunks.5249

i know the quest is a little bit of a pain and the 200 gold needed might be a little hard for the new people so i thought i would share a video that kept me going . keep in mind in order to do this it takes most of the upgrades and tons of practice but so worth it i still think its the best mount in game enjoy 

• Like 5

Griffon is amazing.  The speeds you can get with a little practice, the agility, it's tremendous fun.  As a primarily skyscale rider, I love seeing griffons outpacing me while going to events.  I admire the dedication and practice, and reminds me to break out the griffon and use it.  Fantastic for getting to events on certain maps quickly and more efficiently.  

Also there are some absolutely gorgeous and wonderful skins for them!  And the plush griffon...too cute!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Griffon is amazing.  The speeds you can get with a little practice, the agility, it's tremendous fun.  As a primarily skyscale rider, I love seeing griffons outpacing me while going to events.  I admire the dedication and practice, and reminds me to break out the griffon and use it.  Fantastic for getting to events on certain maps quickly and more efficiently.  

Also there are some absolutely gorgeous and wonderful skins for them!  And the plush griffon...too cute!

they do have some really nice skins i have been using the tiger one lately 

• Like 1

I love my griffon. I have the skyscale and use that (and all the other mounts) frequently, but the griffon is my default - that one that usually sits on the mount button and therefore on one of the side buttons on the mouse for quick access. That's because I think it's the perfect mix of fast and versatile, so it's ideal for times when I don't have time to think about which is the best mount for the situation, but often it is also the best choice.

Having said that my advice for getting it unlocked is don't rush it. There's a lot of steps and there's no time limit on getting it done, you won't lose any progress if you take it slow or stop for a while.

Also you don't need to get 250g all in one go. You need to buy 10 items which cost 25g each, so if saving up 250g seems too daunting you can just save up 25g and buy one of them, then get another one later...and so on. Also go through your material storage looking for things you don't need and can therefore sell. They may not be worth much individually but it adds up quickly.

(But when you're done remember you did save up 250g in total, so you can do it again if you want another expensive item.)

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, trunks.5249 said:

they do have some really nice skins i have been using the tiger one lately 

Oh I like that one ❤️. I've been using the cloud leopard, and change them up for festivals.  They have some wonderful designs! Odd incentive I know, but I honestly will ride some mounts just because I really like the skins.

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I love my griffon. I have the skyscale and use that (and all the other mounts) frequently, but the griffon is my default - that one that usually sits on the mount button and therefore on one of the side buttons on the mouse for quick access. That's because I think it's the perfect mix of fast and versatile, so it's ideal for times when I don't have time to think about which is the best mount for the situation, but often it is also the best choice.

Having said that my advice for getting it unlocked is don't rush it. There's a lot of steps and there's no time limit on getting it done, you won't lose any progress if you take it slow or stop for a while.

Also you don't need to get 250g all in one go. You need to buy 10 items which cost 25g each, so if saving up 250g seems too daunting you can just save up 25g and buy one of them, then get another one later...and so on. Also go through your material storage looking for things you don't need and can therefore sell. They may not be worth much individually but it adds up quickly.

(But when you're done remember you did save up 250g in total, so you can do it again if you want another expensive item.)

Exactly like Danikat said, it isn't 250 gold.  It is 25 gold, ten times. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have a question for this thread that's likely relative to both new and veteran players.  My raptor, springer, skimmer, and jackal mounts are all 3/4 with each mount's fourth talent full, although I haven't spent the points on those fourth talents yet so, currently, I have 13 PoF mastery points.  Should I continue to hold off putting points into the mounts' fourth talent until I get the griffon sometime in the not-so-near future?

Context:
I read somewhere to not spend the mastery points on the fourth talent for any of the PoF mounts until I unlocked the griffon. 

The problem is until I spend some mastery points, I'm effectively maxed out on XP for PoF and I haven't even started the PoF story questline yet (aside from what I needed to get the raptor), because I want to do the stories in order and I'm still in the tail end of HoT. 

I like unlocking maps so that's how I got so much XP without the story.

It sounds like everyone likes their griffon, but finishing PoF seems far off for me, let alone the coin.  

Edited by ZioGio.9102

57 minutes ago, ZioGio.9102 said:

I have a question for this thread that's likely relative to both new and veteran players.  My raptor, springer, skimmer, and jackal mounts are all 3/4 with each mount's fourth talent full, although I haven't spent the points on those fourth talents yet so, currently, I have 13 PoF mastery points.  Should I continue to hold off putting points into the mounts' fourth talent until I get the griffon sometime in the not-so-near future?

Context:
I read somewhere to not spend the mastery points on the fourth talent for any of the PoF mounts until I unlocked the griffon. 

The problem is until I spend some mastery points, I'm effectively maxed out on XP for PoF and I haven't even started the PoF story questline yet (aside from what I needed to get the raptor), because I want to do the stories in order and I'm still in the tail end of HoT. 

It sounds like everyone likes their griffon, but finishing PoF seems far off for me, let alone the coin.  

Hi, some answers for you, 

Full mastery track for griffon require 12 points, 

Doing the story + open skies (the griffon collection to unlock) will grant you 13mastery points if I counted well

You have 13point right now, by the time you got your griffon, you will be at 26, at 12 point to max griffon, you'll have 14point leftover so that's what you can spend now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ZioGio.9102 said:

Context:

I suspect that advice is written by and for people who are trying to unlock everything as fast as possible, so it's assuming that as soon as you get PoF you'll be aiming to get all the mounts unlocked and trained up. The griffon's early masteries are more useful than the other mounts later ones so it makes sense to save mastery points (and XP) for them if you're getting all of them in quick succession.

But there are more than enough mastery points to unlock everything and XP is infinite so if you're not in a hurry it's not so important to worry about what you'll do first.

I agree with the post above which said the jackal and springer masteries are the most useful, so maybe go for those first, but don't worry that you'll miss out on anything if you pick the others as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1