Collection ultimate differences

Sluweric.8037

About a week ago i bought the Guild Wars 2 Collection Ultimate edition on the official website, because i've been having a blast picking up the game again after 5 years. I still lacked HoT and EoD so i decided to bulk up my money and also get some extra gems.

Since then I've found out that if i would have bought the Collection Ultimate edition on steam i would have gotten all the ingame Season content included in the purchase, which i have not gotten by buying it on the official website. While I do not regret buying the pack at all, i have spent a decent amount of gems that i got already to unlock season 4 content. 

So my tip for everyone who reads this, do not buy the collection ultimate from the original website since it's lacking content. I wish they would add the seasons for people that will buy it in the future, and don't end up like me. I know steam takes a cut of the revenue they make, so while trying to be a good person to buy from the source, I ended up with less content for my money. 

Cya ingame everyone o/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

OK, found them:
Website has ultimate as 2 + HoT + PoF + EoD + Shared slot, Instant 80, Character slot, Identity repair, Canthan boat skin, Canthan raptor skin, 4000 Gems, all for 99.99€
Steam has ultimate as 2 + HoT + PoF + EoD + Living World seasons 2, 3, 4, 5 for 99.97€
Doesn't mention shared slot, instant 80, character slots, identity kits, etc, but... I think they're there anyway. 4000 gems is 50€. Season 2 is 1280 Gems, 3 complete is 960, 4 is 960 too, IBS also 960. Added benefit: You can skip S2 (until you want a legendary amulet) and buy something better? 
The packs kinda come out to about the same...

The "ultimate collection" isn't sold on Steam, the "complete collection" is. The difference is the ultimate collection is the deluxe version + 4000 gems, whereas the complete collection is the regular version + the living world. The ultimate collection is the better deal, especially if you buy the living world on sale.

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

How did you miss only hot it is included with pof so Eod ultimate would have been a better deal OP?

I bought PoF when I played 5 years ago, back then they were sold seperately. 

3 hours ago, Healix.5819 said:

The "ultimate collection" isn't sold on Steam, the "complete collection" is. The difference is the ultimate collection is the deluxe version + 4000 gems, whereas the complete collection is the regular version + the living world. The ultimate collection is the better deal, especially if you buy the living world on sale.

That's a good thing to mention. I only bought the S4 content so far so I hope I can get the other ones during a sale then and save a few bucks. 

8 hours ago, Sluweric.8037 said:

I bought PoF when I played 5 years ago, back then they were sold seperately. 

That's a good thing to mention. I only bought the S4 content so far so I hope I can get the other ones during a sale then and save a few bucks. 

And hot got inluded in your pof expansion years ago for free.

So yea you bought that complete collection for only EoD.

If I were you I would ask for a refund and buy the EoD ultimate instead.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Heart_of_Thorns

As of August 30, 2019, all accounts that own or buy the second expansion, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, will receive Heart of Thorns for free.

Edit

Typo complete instead of ultimate

Edited by Linken.6345

3 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

That's 3 years ago.  He/she bought it 5 years ago. 

And?

Dont matter that they bought pof 5 years ago and hot only got included 3 years ago mate.

If they would have loged into game before buying Complete collection their 5 year old pof key would have had hot unlocked without purchase.