gear for Scourge/Harbinger?

Arianth Moonlight.6453

I think ya'll are getting into semantics here. Technically all "Condi" builds are hybrid, even Viper's technically is a Power/Condi Hybrid stat set (with Condi builds on average doing ~20% Strike Damage) - which is why Condi build "bases" transition infinitely better into Celestial Hybrid builds and the like than Power builds/specs/bases. 

And yes, Hybrid builds very much so are a thing for solo (challenge) play especially. 

8 hours ago, Ahhchu.4369 said:

Thanks. I got it but still can't get my dps to display in the chat window like the video.  I'll keep messing with it till I figure it out.

The Damage summaries in the Chat window are specific to the Golem "Special Forces Training" area in the Aerodrome.

If you need a defensively strong build with good offense, then Trailblazer's is the way to go. The higher condition damage plus duration more than makes up for the meager power increases from Celestial. Not to mention the much higher toughness and vitality. I mean ye in open world PvE anything works really, but why spend 2 minutes on an enemy with a sub par build when you can spend 30 seconds with a better build (even trailblazer)? Celestial is a jack of all trades, master of none build that is used mostly for the convenience of not really having to change your build. But considering we have templates, it honestly doesn't take much to have a tab for pure offence (viper's) and a tab for more defense (trailblazer's). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Asum.4960 said:

I think ya'll are getting into semantics here. Technically all "Condi" builds are hybrid, even Viper's technically is a Power/Condi Hybrid stat set (with Condi builds on average doing ~20% Strike Damage) - which is why Condi build "bases" transition infinitely better into Celestial Hybrid builds and the like than Power builds/specs/bases. 

And yes, Hybrid builds very much so are a thing for solo (challenge) play especially. 

The Damage summaries in the Chat window are specific to the Golem "Special Forces Training" area in the Aerodrome.

Yes and no. On a lot of builds the amount of power dmg you do with vipers gear is below 10%. So 90% condi, 10% power.

I wouldn't call that hybrid.

There are hybrid builds that do a lot more power damage, like reaper or soulbeast or some ele builds.

Else you would have to call literally every condi build a hybrid build, because I think every skill that applies conditions, also does some power damage even if you run vita, toughness, condidmg, expertise gear (we have 1000 base power at lvl 80) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nimon.7840 said:

Yes and no. On a lot of builds the amount of power dmg you do with vipers gear is below 10%. So 90% condi, 10% power.

I wouldn't call that hybrid.

There are hybrid builds that do a lot more power damage, like reaper or soulbeast or some ele builds.

Else you would have to call literally every condi build a hybrid build, because I think every skill that applies conditions, also does some power damage even if you run vita, toughness, condidmg, expertise gear (we have 1000 base power at lvl 80) 

I think that's a bit bad faith for the sake of arguing and you know what I meant. 

Ofc most builds utilizing Viper's steer heavily towards Condition Damage in Traits and Weapon choices, but it's still technically a Hybrid Stat Set with Power as Main Stat and Precision as Secondary. 

And compared to power builds where Condition damage usually makes up for <1% of their damage. 10-30% Strike Damage in Condition builds is significant. 

Ofc it's simpler to call them Condi Builds, since in the context of their whole kit that's what they are (and it would be strange to call something a Hybrid between two things if only Power and Hybrid existed). 

Keep in mind, Condition Builds didn't used to exist on launch since Conditions only stacked to 25, or weren't intensity stacking at all until the 2015 Conditions rework - they were merely a supplement to power builds. Hence the core of the game is designed around Power Damage on everything as baseline, with the idea of Conditions as viable damage source being added after the fact.

Point being, Condition builds naturally are more flexible because technically they are Hybrid by nature - and Celestial builds are pretty much the definition of Hybrid builds existing and working. 

That they usually take heavy inspiration from condi builds is pretty natural in that regard, not a refutation of Hybrids existing.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I initially used plaguedoctor + tormenting runes for a hybrid build following mighty teapot's guide, and now using full vipers with nightmare runes and I'm happy that i still can dish out decent damage and easily switch between pure dps or a bit support by only switching traits, and still have 21k of hp. 

after that, I never switch back to my plaguedoctor set as viper is sufficient, however in tough battle, having +8K of additional hp and more healing (including ress) from plaguedoctor is quite helping to help sustain the team.

I never tried trailblazer so no comment on that.