Condition Devastation Renegade

Karyk.5721

Its a shame how they butchered devastation from how it was before, but maybe with a new balance team lead dev they will take a look at it. Plus seeing a positive changes with overperforming builds already gives me hope that cmc will also fix the underperforming stuff.

• Confused 1

I don't really think Devastation CRen ever should have been a thing, even if it was somewhat interesting. Invocation is clearly the hybrid damage trait line while Devastation always should have been the pure power damage line (which it is, generally). The only reason it even worked was Icerazor being bonkers in terms of Vuln application. It definitely doesn't seem like it was ever truly an intended build persay and it definitely provided too much.

You can still play it btw it's just not as good, however, it still has a lot of the benefits it always has had over Invocation, namely lack of Huge Hitbox reliance and also better ramp up time

• Confused 1

And if Devastation Condition Renegade were comparable with the Invocation variant, why would a reasonable person play Invocation instead of Devastation? Invocation does not have the significant self sustain that Devastation offers and you need to pay attention when swapping legends since you want to trigger Charged Mists for bonus energy.

If anything they should change Destructive Impulses to only increase power damage instead of all damage, that change never made sense in that specialization anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Katary.7096 said:

And if Devastation Condition Renegade were comparable with the Invocation variant, why would a reasonable person play Invocation instead of Devastation? Invocation does not have the significant self sustain that Devastation offers and you need to pay attention when swapping legends since you want to trigger Charged Mists for bonus energy.

If anything they should change Destructive Impulses to only increase power damage instead of all damage, that change never made sense in that specialization anyway.

This. Invo has far more drawbacks than the Dev variant so it makes sense for it to be better. 

and all damage like you said never belonged in devastation anyway 

22 hours ago, Katary.7096 said:

charged mists could stay as a support/alac application buffer imo. with AP dead the least i hope for is that both traitlines become even. deva rotation was my fav in the game

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Incurve Giidis.7829 said:

charged mists could stay as a support/alac application buffer imo. with AP dead the least i hope for is that both traitlines become even. deva rotation was my fav in the game

You can still play it it’s not THAT much worse than Invo and still has better ramp time and doesn’t have huge hitbox reliance 

11 hours ago, LKEY.9567 said:

But we have a situation where every Rev build uses Invocation right now, where's the fun? Deva Ren was fun and pre-nerf, we had Power Renegade at least being viable.

Why shouldn’t every DPS Rev build use invocation? It’s literally the profession mechanic/hybrid DPS traitline. Almost every class has a traitline like this that is brought in most build variants. It’s just the nature of how the traits are set up. Power traitline + core profession/hybrid/utility traitline + espec traitline = power DPS spec. Replace power traitline for condi if condi DPS spec. This is pretty consistent across the whole game 

• Confused 1