Groundtargeting + Underwater

lead.7630

With the recent patch A-Net decided to make some Scrapper skills like Defense field ground-targeted. A problem occurs when you are using Ground-targeted Skills while underwater, since it becomes essentially useless.  I am not sure if this is intended, but if A-Net is planning to make other Gyros ground-targeted,  at least keep underwater combat in mind.

I my opinion Defense Field when using it under water needs to be fixed.

• Like 2

Do you really think Anet think about underwater when they balance things ? The fact Aurene legendary doesnt include underwater weapon and Mechanist not having access to the pet underwater was clear enough they totally gave up the underwater part.

A shame for people who own underwater legendary

Making defense field ground targeted at all is just unnecessary at all no matter what gamemode.

Why take away such a defense against this lame 1200 range+ pew pew?

Are some players in developer discord ranger or revenant mains and just want to farm arcdps or what? commander focus anyone?

I somehow think everything regarding balance has nothing to do with balancing the game anymore the days.  its just lobbyism by the choosen few who make their own class into a winning position.

as if cele harbingers have it not easy enough already in roaming but yeah dodge my projectile block and pls burst me with hybrid damgae all over...

Confirming this, Defense Field is now completely unuseable underwater. Its not just from being ground targetted, you can't even cast it on the bottom of the ocean, or on any surface you're right up against. Whatever they did to it makes it completely non-functional in water.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2022 at 8:52 AM, lead.7630 said:

With the recent patch A-Net decided to make some Scrapper skills like Defense field ground-targeted. A problem occurs when you are using Ground-targeted Skills while underwater, since it becomes essentially useless.  I am not sure if this is intended, but if A-Net is planning to make other Gyros ground-targeted,  at least keep underwater combat in mind.

I my opinion Defense Field when using it under water needs to be fixed.

It's funny because the quite general solution to this is that defensive/support/heal AoE just trigger on self and offensive AoE trigger on the targeted foe.