The mad Lads actually did it.

SlayerXX.7138

18 hours ago, Albi.7250 said:

The took the worst Traitline in the entire game and made it worse. They nerfed acrobatics. They actually did it. I didn't think it was possible.

And you thought they weren't capable of exceling at anything. Done proved you wrong.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

I suspect it's basically impossible to make Acro good because the Daredevil trait line already fills the role of "Acro but good," and if you had two Good Acro lines, everyone would get incredibly mad at thieves for dodging too much or whatever.

My nightmare is what if Acro becomes kinda-sorta-good and then there's one great build that uses it, so Anet nerfs some other trait line (Trickery, e.g.) because of its mad synergy in that build, and then we're actually left with worse stuff than we started with. Better that Acro stays bad and we all just completely ignore it, I suppose.

54 minutes ago, ASP.8093 said:

My nightmare is what if Acro becomes kinda-sorta-good and then there's one great build that uses it, so Anet nerfs some other trait line (Trickery, e.g.) because of its mad synergy in that build, and then we're actually left with worse stuff than we started with. Better that Acro stays bad and we all just completely ignore it, I suppose.

I don't think that should be  a concern in they year 2022, when we normalized the PvE/PvP split. All they have to do is take a step back from the auto dodge. Endurance gain, boons, Health regeneration and condition cleanse all can be downscaled easily if it becomes a problem. They could give self quickness to the nimble acrobats and it would be fine with the the split. Without the auto dodge it should be comically easy to balance. As OW balance is almost irrelevant and Instanced content never gonna take a defensive traitline. Even if they insist on keeping the extra dodge frame just placing it in a tier that with another valuable PvP trait will mitigate the problem by a lot. But then again, its the thiefless balance team so your concern might not be completely unfounded.

I just wish acrobatic would be viable in something, even if it just ends up being a good OW trait.

• Like 2

Just now, Albi.7250 said:

I don't think that should be  a concern in they year 2022, when we normalized the PvE/PvP split. All they have to do is take a step back from the auto dodge. Endurance gain, boons, Health regeneration and condition cleanse all can be downscaled easily if it becomes a problem. They could give self quickness to the nimble acrobats and it would be fine with the the split. Without the auto dodge it should be comically easy to balance. As OW balance is almost irrelevant and Instanced content never gonna take a defensive traitline. Even if they insist on keeping the extra dodge frame just placing it in a tier that with another valuable PvP trait will mitigate the problem by a lot. But then again, its the thiefless balance team so your concern might not be completely unfounded.

I just wish acrobatic would be viable in something, even if it just ends up being a good OW trait.

I like that. "Make Sword/X good for solo pve (maybe even group PvE)" would be a pretty good niche for Acrobatics, imo. It's already kinda oriented in that direction, just not enough to make it worth taking over the other options imo.