Add rare infusions to black lion chests?

1 minute ago, Farohna.6247 said:

But it would decrease the daily log in for people who get on to farm those drops.  They do want you to play the game.  

Some people did those metas 1000 times and didnt get any infusion, it isnt farming and adding then as rare or super rare wouldnt make their prices drop just like the seasonal boxes didnt either, keys would still not actually be worth buying even if the infusions gor added to BLC

• Confused 2

On 10/9/2022 at 10:12 PM, Farohna.6247 said:

Oop my error, forgot they do.  Thank you for the correction!  OP, that is indeed pay to win.

For the stats? Really? You can buy some infusions with stats for less than 50g each. Those stats dont even work in pvp. And I think in wvw you can get them cheap too. The ones that also have agony are needed only for fractals.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

It would increase sources of the infusion and increase purchases of keys so it's not like anet has a good reason not to do it.

I think that Anet are riding a thin line with their lootboxes and they know it. They balanced things out by making at least some keys available through gameplay and being able to get them via the gold to gem exchange as well. They certainly don't want the negative attention of being accused widely of having lootboxes and pushing them. So yeah, they do have a good reason not to do it.

Also, there is the purpose of them in game, which is encouraging players to do content regularly. If there's a better chance of getting them from black lion chests then you will choose that over the game content. So there will be a shortage of people doing those meta's.

If there's an equal chance of getting them from blc's then there's still the issue that can try endlessly (as long as you have keys), whereas the meta's, with the effort involved, you can only do so many times a day. And then people will blame Anet for trying to (unreasonably) get the sales up for blc keys. And that would be a valid complaint.

So Anet has more than one reason to not do it.

I would suggest that the meta's have a drop chance of extremely super rare, instead of extremely super dooper rare - but that's just me.

• Like 2

I think players who already capitalized on high value drops should be the last ones to now repeatedly push for those drops to become more common in order to devalue them, while those players keep the gold they made.

Those rare drops also clearly play their role in players repeatedly participating in meta events, as is evident by "infusion train"-type groups consistently popping up in lfg.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I think players who already capitalized on high value drops should be the last ones to now repeatedly push for those drops to become more common in order to devalue them, while those players keep the gold they made.

Those rare drops also clearly play their role in players repeatedly participating in meta events, as is evident by "infusion train"-type groups consistently popping up in lfg.

So because YOU want to capitalise on them now? Some people got them even multiple times, you are only pissed cuz someone was luckier than you.

• Confused 6

17 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I think that Anet are riding a thin line with their lootboxes and they know it. They balanced things out by making at least some keys available through gameplay and being able to get them via the gold to gem exchange as well. They certainly don't want the negative attention of being accused widely of having lootboxes and pushing them. So yeah, they do have a good reason not to do it.

Also, there is the purpose of them in game, which is encouraging players to do content regularly. If there's a better chance of getting them from black lion chests then you will choose that over the game content. So there will be a shortage of people doing those meta's.

If there's an equal chance of getting them from blc's then there's still the issue that can try endlessly (as long as you have keys), whereas the meta's, with the effort involved, you can only do so many times a day. And then people will blame Anet for trying to (unreasonably) get the sales up for blc keys. And that would be a valid complaint.

So Anet has more than one reason to not do it.

I would suggest that the meta's have a drop chance of extremely super rare, instead of extremely super dooper rare - but that's just me.

Yeah, I mean 1 in a million sounds like super rare and you have to be super lucky to win, but the drop rate for those infusions is actually one in TEN millions.

• Confused 5

On 10/9/2022 at 5:45 PM, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

One of the complaints I see frequently in the forums is that, "All of the rewards in GW2 are purchasable in the store rather than earned in game."  Infusions are a notable exception to what many see -- rightly or wrongly -- as an overwhelming trend.  The OP's notion would definitely add fuel to that fire.  While I can understand the OP's desire to obtain a desired infusion by spending rather than playing, I'm concerned that were ANet to comply, they would be removing an incentive tor repeat older content, and that is definitely not in the best interests of the game.

I did earn the abyssal and the bauble infusions which cant be bought, you could ask Anet to add more like those.

• Confused 5

Nope, they definitely shouldn't be added to any other possible means to obtain them. All of the infusions having already decreased a lot compared to before they increased the drops rates, and every time the annual bazaar comes by, they suffer a blow as well. Look at the graphs like Aurillium: from '18-'20 it was completely steady and from '20 till now onwards it kept declining. Chak street value has dropped 50% the last 2 years while being steady before it as well. It's the same for pretty much all of the infusions since nearly all of them are seasonally obtainable in some way and every time that window comes by, they suffer a hit and don't completely restore from it. They are endgame, not necessary for anyone who can't afford them, but an optional goal to work towards for those who want them.

If you get one now, at least they are special. If you'd add them to more things and they keep losing value, it'll just end up like ascended boxes today. Because of Anet adding legendaries into the wardrobe as account wide unlocks: if you have 3 legendary armor sets, the ascended boxes you get are completely useless. The only thing you can do with them is salvage for research notes until you have like 50k+ and just start deleted them instead of salvaging. Before adding it to the wardrobe: at least I had a use for the ascended boxes since I have 50+ alts, but the day they added legendary in the wardrobe, they took away all the endgame content of gearing up all those alts and once EoD came around I could just salvage all those sets that I had for research notes. 
For many people, infusions are all the endgame that's left, same for me. I have a couple, but not all of them, so those that I am missing are the the ones I am still working towards, one at a time. 

• Confused 1