Do you still guys use Med Kit Scrapper in WvW?

PrinceValentine.9320

No, I tried it out the other day and honestly it just feels bad.  I'm mainly a PVE player, so I'm sure my bias is at play, but it just feels SO much weaker than PVE scrapper.  Everything has been nerfed pretty heavily and it just feels bad.  Still seems effective as the heal/cleanse role, but like everything else is just bad.

I went Holo for DPS, feels better to me.  Scrapper still has some strengths in the DPS role, and depending on how the fights are playing out I might swap, but in general I'm preferring Holo.   This is as a former WvW player just checking things out again playing as a standard PUG.

It has a lot of tools in its toolkit, but none of those tools are very effective. Everything in its kit has been hit with a heavy nerf at this point. Boons, cleansing, superspeed, tankiness, healing, stealth. It's a shadow of its former self.

Other supports have fewer tools in their toolkit, but their tools are much more effective. 

The latter tends to be more valuable in Gw2. 

• Like 1

Yep, still playing support scrapper and getting very good results with it as well. Is it as strong as it was? No, but that certainly doesn’t mean it’s dead, more that it is not the only possible support class to even consider. You still have super speed, just not as much. Still very handy on a push though. Cleanse wise you are stronger than a support vindi, but a vindi will destroy you on heals. 
The increased cool-downs have actually had one positive effect in that you now have to actually think about what you are doing rather than just mashing any old cleanse and knowing your others will be ready anyway.

Vindi has already buried Druid in a WvW support position, it’s just some Druids haven’t gotten the message yet!

• Like 1

I only play open tags without comms and I am normally the only scrapper in the squad now. I don't play support scrapper.

I don't see many (if any) stealth bombs since the nerf. I do feel like organized groups in comms are way stronger than they used to be in terms of sustain and CC output. I guess those are the pros that figured out the new comp meta and the rest will catch up later.

But yeah, scrapper is an endangered species in WvW at the moment.

Mi amigo, no. Wanting to believe Scrapper is still viable is one thing, it being actually any more use or fun to play is another. Same with your Vindi friend, can Vindi give you superspeed and cleanse and heal at the same time? "buried Druid" pfff. The only good thing that came out of the Scrapper Nerf was the Druid, Vindi is a second rate class which was overpopularised cause of a scuff patch. Druid isn't just a one dodge class for support, there is elegance and fun in it's playstyle not currently given by any other support class in my opinion. Pfff "buried Druid"

On 10/21/2022 at 4:20 AM, Frayze.4620 said:

Yep, still playing support scrapper and getting very good results with it as well. Is it as strong as it was? No, but that certainly doesn’t mean it’s dead, more that it is not the only possible support class to even consider. You still have super speed, just not as much. Still very handy on a push though. Cleanse wise you are stronger than a support vindi, but a vindi will destroy you on heals. 
The increased cool-downs have actually had one positive effect in that you now have to actually think about what you are doing rather than just mashing any old cleanse and knowing your others will be ready anyway.

Vindi has already buried Druid in a WvW support position, it’s just some Druids haven’t gotten the message yet!

Mi amigo, no. Wanting to believe Scrapper is still viable is one thing, it being actually any more use or fun to play is another. Same with your Vindi friend, can Vindi give you superspeed and cleanse and heal at the same time? "buried Druid" pfff. The only good thing that came out of the Scrapper Nerf was the Druid, Vindi is a second rate class which was overpopularised cause of a scuff patch. Druid isn't just a one dodge class for support, there is elegance and fun in it's playstyle not currently given by any other support class in my opinion. Pfff "buried Druid"

Edited by Rand.5870
  • Haha 2