Please send more devs to all servers in a match at random times

Karagee.6830

So they can relate to their bosses the state of balance in the game mode.

I've seen 1 dev recently (probably american considering the time of the day) and it would be helpful that more devs checked first hand the state of WvW on various teams and their opponents. Send an entire department to Riverside right now, they may outnumber their active players and they can then possibly explain to their bosses why no server should be treated like that.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Like 1

Another thing that might be taken well, and not so well and draw fire I admit, but also might help in people providing feedback would be a sticky here on when/where they went and what they were seeing at the time. Now there is a lot of downsides to that I agree but might help in the providing what they encountered and to Karagee's point show they are popping into various locations for different view points. Now to be fair, ANet's in real life time is in a fixed timezone so getting on every server during the servers primetime is a bit much to ask. 

Isn’t there metrics gathered that can provide that information?  I’d assume that all manner of player saturation and activity could be accrued without the devs being in game. 

Moreso what I think you want OP is the devs to actually provide answers to the horrible imbalance that some servers go through on a daily or weekly basis, sometimes as a direct result of the matchmaking system. 

Wouldn’t it be nice if Anet had developers who were working on the game!!

7 hours ago, Karagee.6830 said:

So they can relate to their bosses the state of balance in the game mode.

I've seen 1 dev recently (probably american considering the time of the day) and it would be helpful that more devs checked first hand the state of WvW on various teams and their opponents. Send an entire department to Riverside right now, they may outnumber their active players and they can then possibly explain to their bosses why no server should be treated like that.

I would agree, but this won't change much if anything. For instance none of the devs actually understand how to properly play an ele roamer in WvW. I know of at least one anet dev who thinks weaver is a stronger roamer than catalyst. Can you believe that. Lmfao. Them playing more could potentially just make balance worse.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Isn’t there metrics gathered that can provide that information?  I’d assume that all manner of player saturation and activity could be accrued without the devs being in game. 

Moreso what I think you want OP is the devs to actually provide answers to the horrible imbalance that some servers go through on a daily or weekly basis, sometimes as a direct result of the matchmaking system. 

Wouldn’t it be nice if Anet had developers who were working on the game!!

well metrics don't tell you how people feel and how the game feels like when one team is PPTing 400 the second is one 20 and the third on 0. Yeah they may see Team 1 150 players, Team 2 20 players and Team 3 20 players, but those are just numbers, it doesn't say anything about how those numbers translate into action.