New Kaineng City missing one POI

Have you explored the islands outside of the city wall, over near the portal to Seitung? There's a HP over there, but it might be easy to miss the PoI (if it's not one over in Old Kaineng) that you're missing.

edit; there's also the naga islands north of the Seitung portal that have a POI on them.

Edited by Giovanelli.6071
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you configure your compass (options) to hide Story & Events, it points you only to map-completion points and unexplored areas.

This should make it much easier to find your missing PoI as (after reconfig) it points you to it wathever distance it has.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Ragnarvor.2351 said:

Yeah I'm closely comparing my map with a map I found online, no luck yet.

You could also look at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/New_Kaineng_City for the interactive map (if that not the current one you're looking at, that is!)

in my past experience with map completion, the interactive maps are far more intuitive to finding lost things than any static map because you can mouse over and compare POIs you have already.

Edited by Giovanelli.6071
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

If you configure your compass (options) to hide Story & Events, it points you only to map-completion points and unexplored areas.

This should make it much easier to find your missing PoI as (after reconfig) it points you to it wathever distance it has.

DUDE!!! I love you.

• Like 1

There are many ways to locate all the unexplored areas such as mentioned above: Content Guide and Interactive maps (plus links through the listings in Locations) in Wiki. Sometimes, PoI may be hidden underground and the entrance is not obvious. In this case, using 3rd party apps such as TacO will help a lot as they have trails marked for map completions on all the maps.

• Thanks 1

Been playing the game for just over a week now, 20+ years xp with many other MMO'S absolutely loving GW2 duno how I never tried it earlier, back on topic first thing I installed was Blish hud it's been an absolute god send for EVERYTHING map completions, show you were everything is before you discover it, no pointless running around looking for things you'd never find without a guide or youtube 😛 just did Griffon mount achiev in one session using Blish.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 10:34 PM, Dayra.7405 said:

Thank you so much for that 🙂 I don;t know how many hours I spend comparing my maps with the Wiki maps to find missing POIs. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 6:42 PM, Giovanelli.6071 said:

You could also look at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/New_Kaineng_City for the interactive map (if that not the current one you're looking at, that is!)

in my past experience with map completion, the interactive maps are far more intuitive to finding lost things than any static map because you can mouse over and compare POIs you have already.

Thanks for the reminder. I was missing Sotdae Landing.

• Like 2