Spectre pve really is

Bast.7253

Total garbage. 

Power dagger/dagger used to be my favorite thing about EoD but after the nerfs to shroud it takes 2 attacks doing this stupid Marionnette instance from non-elite mobs and suddenly my shroud just vanishes. 

What is the point in having separate balance for each game mode if you're just going to lazily "fix" things that don't need fixing?

And playing a selfish condi build is just asking for snail's pace gameplay. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

I don't think Specter's worth it for solo play, more of a group play oriented spec 

Full ritualist specter or alac specter still is workable in PvE solo play. Granted it's more frustrating. I am not a fan of the shroud nerf. I think the ratio should be at least 1:1 with a consume shadows rework like Saerni suggested in his "state of the thief" balance feedback thread.

12 minutes ago, ZeroTheRuler.7415 said:

Full ritualist specter or alac specter still is workable in PvE solo play. Granted it's more frustrating. I am not a fan of the shroud nerf. I think the ratio should be at least 1:1 with a consume shadows rework like Saerni suggested in his "state of the thief" balance feedback thread.

Oh it can be workable, it just isn't where the spec shines because it loses out on a lot of the features of it if you only use it solo. 

37 minutes ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Oh it can be workable, it just isn't where the spec shines because it loses out on a lot of the features of it if you only use it solo. 

Yeah, 100%. Still specter in solo content can be nice as change from playing deadeye or daredevil. I have many many hours on thief so it's nice to change things up.

Edited by ZeroTheRuler.7415

I tried Specter many times in different ways: power, condi, with scepter mh, dagger, even sword... but, at least for me, Specter is just bad for solo play.

— First, Specter is extremly slow. Combat feels clunky. Every skill takes an eternity to cast, including Siphons.

— This is another spam one button thief spec. Nothing new, huh?

— Shadow Shroud feels kinda useless on a condi focused class. Yea, where is condi? 1 stack of Torment on AA, 2 stacks of Torment on #2 skill, and 2 stacks of Poison on #4 skill. I wouldn't call it CONDI focused mechanic. Rot Wallow Venom is granted to allies, so if you play solo, then Shadow Shroud causes you to lose DPS. Better just spam Scepter AA.

— This is still mostly single target spec.

— I still don't understand why Specter has reduced initiative. It literally kills build diversity.

You know, for killing random mobs Daredevil and Deadeye will kill things faster than they can even hit you. For AoE and cleave, Daredevil wins. Against champs — well, every spec can be tuned to good survivability, but I just want to say that Deadeye has boons and shots faster. Even moves faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1