I'm sorry I doubted you Anet for season 1 episode 5

CrimeDog.5614

I honestly did not think we would have everything lumped into episode 5. I seriously thought there would be so much glazed over. But it wasn't. It's all there. A storyline marionette instance, Scarlet's secret lair, Mia Trin break out in LA, going to the edge of the Mits for all the Braham and Taimi story, dead end bar investigation, escape and retake of LA... and a way to visit an open world old LA!... SO impressed. Thanks Anet! (Too bad we didn't have a southsun cove episode, but maybe one day they'll throw it in.)

• Like 4

I've not had a chance to play it yet but I'm glad to hear it's all in there, especially the Edge of the Mists stuff with Taimi and Braham, I think that's an important bit of character development but I wasn't sure how it could fit into the story journal format.

I suspect Southsun Cove was left out because it would need to include the Lost Shores weekend event and that was one of the first new releases GW2 had and probably done differently to the rest of Season 1 (since it was literally one-off events - you were there the one time it happened or you missed that bit) so it probably needs more work to bring it back. I hope we get it back one day though.

33 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I've not had a chance to play it yet but I'm glad to hear it's all in there, especially the Edge of the Mists stuff with Taimi and Braham, I think that's an important bit of character development but I wasn't sure how it could fit into the story journal format.

It's not all there, but the most important bits that I was seriously worried would be missing are there, and then some.

I've not gone through all the story content, but I've continued my project of documenting every NPC, event, and voiced line that did not make it in the LWS1Return.

They added two things I never imagined they'd bother to include - solo Twisted Marionette and Honored Guests from Festival of the Four Winds 2014 - and they created a brief story instance (sadly very quiet and basic) of us fighting off the Aetherblades covering Mai Trin's escape (I would have included a brief view of us seeing Mai Trin, Taimi, and Braham escape through the portal before it shut down but I'll gladly take what we were given here!).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I suspect Southsun Cove was left out because it would need to include the Lost Shores weekend event and that was one of the first new releases GW2 had and probably done differently to the rest of Season 1 (since it was literally one-off events - you were there the one time it happened or you missed that bit) so it probably needs more work to bring it back. I hope we get it back one day though.

Honestly I hope they add the southsun bit as a side story, since thinking about it if Anet "wants the story to be complete" technically with this revamp it is, there are numerous refences something happpened at Southsun Cove with Consortium (E1 at the very end an optinal refugee mentions they'll go there, E2 at the end in the dead end bar Magnus mentions Kiel saving enslaved refugees on Southsun with some help, E3 Faren at the very start greets you mentioning a beach resort, E5 Heal-o-Tron entions the Consortium Canach as well and his involvment in Southsun). Southsun can work as a small Side story....literally add it to sides stories tab, only cinematic important bits would be with the help of Kiel drive off the karka attacking LA, track down and fight Canach, witness Kiel blow up the contracts and Job-o-Tron realizes he's out of a job and leaves. Enter Season 1 were we meet Kiel again, Hobo-Tron, and a captured Canach 😛 

But ditto! I am sooo happy about this patch. Marionette solo instance was a bit redundant as we have squad mode but hey, that's Taimi's introduction so better to have a coehesive story than skip anything important. Same for the quiet moment of everyone in LA, sure it's "boring" BUT it sets the relationship and dynamcis perfectly. I am incredibly happy we get Escape fom LA as I was afraid that might be cut because battle was gonna be the squad mode....so what about escape? BAM solo instance! exact same thoughts for Gendarran fields, incredibly happy that my fav character has teensy bit extra dialogue and everything explained 😛 And lastly Battle for LA is amazing! follows the trope of we and other players takwe down the army, and then with our friends and allies take down the main bad guy, or in this case giant hologram 😛 I know some will be disappointed it's not  group content like original, but I'll take it as a solo boss any day instead of being cut, besides it highlights all your allies:

Braham and Rox: they are the first ones to battle Scarlet, this is payback for what Scarlet did to their people and friends.

Marjory, Kasmeer, and Ellen Kiel: they are the ones who investigated Scarlet's motivations and minions. This is payback for Scarlet attacking their cities DR and LA.

Heal-O-Tron: Technically because of Scarlet the golem indirectly lost his original job. This is payback for capturing him and being blamed for Scarlet's actions......plus my bias towards the best golem and emphasizes how Heal-o-Tron immensely helps you during the fight 🙂

• Like 2