What is the plan here? [Specs restructurings]

Shinome.6093

So what exactly is the end goal with all the changes to the classes?

The sniper spec doesn't have the longest range

Interesting animations get cut, voice lines get cut

Classes are forced into boxes to feel the same (i.e. changes to F skills so they use "initiative")

Is the plan to just... make all classes feel same? I would really like to know if soon everything will run on initiative. It's really disheartening to see unique classes be degraded into "same-feel" not-too-out-there playstyle... Why even have classes then?

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

24 minutes ago, Shinome.6093 said:

Classes are forced into boxes to feel the same (i.e. changes to F skills so they use "initiative")

Is the plan to just... make all classes feel same? I would really like to know if soon everything will run on initiative. It's really disheartening to see unique classes be degraded into "same-feel" not-too-out-there playstyle... Why even have classes then?

The purpose there is to better balance power/usability between the specific especs. Not a fan of a cut range, but it theoretically might make sense gameplay-wise since now you'll be able to follow the target while "kneeling" (...crouching?). Is the 25% movement speed enough to make up for the 300 range difference? I don't know, probably not? Will FB suddenly "feel the same like the others" just because it will be less of a "do it all" spec, but instead will force the players to make more deliberate decisions about what they want to do? I don't think it will. FB is too good at too many things at once for long enough and having a shared resource between the tomes doesn't seem like a terrible idea, but just like above: whether or not it will be an actually good solution will remain to be seen.

Having a beta server would sure help correctly judging these changes before their implementation.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Shinome.6093 said:

The Plan is to make people feel like the game has been changed and has something new about it - in the cheapest possible way - rejig the buttons they have to press.

There's no grand scheme or endgame plan. It's just a dose of copium to keep people interested in GW2.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1