Need help interpreting a skill description.

Michael.9403

Consider the following description from the mouse over of a skill:  (the bold emphasis is mine)

Smoke Bomb                                         1/2        20

Set a timed chart that creates a cloud of smoke, blinding nearby foes.

Blindness (5 3/4):  etc, standard stuff

Vulnerability (9 1/2):  etc, standard stuff

Number of Targets: 5

Fuse time: 1 second

Duration: 4 seconds

Interval: 2 seconds

Radius: 240

Explosion

Combo Field: Smoke

The question is "if this skill ticks to completion, how many seconds of blindness are created?   How many times is the enemy blinded?    Or, summing it all up,  what is the breakbar damage contributed by this skill"?

I'll check the wiki.

However, the issue is not the blindness defiance damage calculaton, which I know but how many times blindness is applied, and what is the overlap each time, to determine how many seconds the blindness stacks to.   All of that  pulses, fuse time, duration, and interval has to convolve into something more than an single blind.

or in the case of the more complicated item which I also posted , the issue is how many times it is applied, but with immobilize and cripple.

Furthermore,  the Wiki for Glue Bomb lists the immobolize as 2 seconds (always) , and my mouse over in the game lists is at 3 3/4 seconds and it varies with expertise.   (While testing I don't use food and utilities, so it could raise some more)

Edited by Michael.9403
added the furthermore after reading the Wiki on Glue Bomb

25 minutes ago, Michael.9403 said:

I'll check the wiki.

However, the issue is not the blindness defiance damage calculaton, which I know but how many times blindness is applied, and what is the overlap each time, to determine how many seconds the blindness stacks to.

That's what Wiki can tell you. The relevant information is:

Blindness (3s): [self: explanatory: each application gives 3 seconds of blindness (modified by expertise and other modifiers)]

Pulses: 3 [it gets applied 3 times]

Duration: 4 seconds [total duration of the field created by bomb. Should not be mistaken with Blindness duration]

Interval: 2 seconds [time interval between pulses]

So, based on that info, Blindness gets applied 3 times (on initial skill use, 2 seconds later, and then one last time when the field ends, 4 seconds after initial skill use), with each application giving 3 s of Blind (so, a total of 9 seconds - again, before applying any relevant effect duration modifiers).

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Thanks 1