This class needs better/more pulls/knockbacks

Zekent.3652

9 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Mainhand focus we use to punch people with.

But don't we have this with Rampage though...

Why not just remove all the passive bits from using Rampage, unlock the utility bar, and remove the CD and just have it be a form to toggle on and off. 

Edit:

And I do mean remove the passive effects, the stat boosts, the pulsing stab and swiftness, and the movement impairing condition duration reduction, and the damage reduction. In exchange you'd get your utility bar unlocked and a 1s CD once you leave it essentially turning it into a CC kit.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

But don't we have this with Rampage though...

Why not just remove all the passive bits from using Rampage, unlock the utility bar, and remove the CD and just have it be a form to toggle on and off. 

Edit:

And I do mean remove the passive effects, the stat boosts, the pulsing stab and swiftness, and the movement impairing condition duration reduction, and the damage reduction. In exchange you'd get your utility bar unlocked and a 1s CD once you leave it essentially turning it into a CC kit.

Would probably still require some changes to the skills on top, for example:

• removing the daze from AA3 (I highly doubt that Anet wants hard CC on permanently available auto attacks)
  • generally increasing cooldowns and/or decreasing damage scaling (that 1000 range dash with 2,4 power coefficient and 6 seconds cooldown for example might be a bit much)

Also to consider, does it stay a physical skill or get changed into a different category? If it stays a physical skill, then how does it interact with Peak Performance? Does it just permanently upkeep the damage buff by just slotting in this one skill? Does the cooldown reduction apply to all skills on the kit (if yes, even more reason to increase the cooldowns across the board here)?

It might be a possible way for a rework of this skill, but it would require intensive work and rebalancing.

40 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Would probably still require some changes to the skills on top, for example:

• removing the daze from AA3 (I highly doubt that Anet wants hard CC on permanently available auto attacks)

It's an elite skill, though a condition on it to trigger the daze would be appropriate, Daze immobilized targets perhaps.

• generally increasing cooldowns and/or decreasing damage scaling (that 1000 range dash with 2,4 power coefficient and 6 seconds cooldown for example might be a bit much)

Its an elite. Its allowed to be powerful. Also consider that most of the bar is hard CCs that do little damage in competitive, so Dash would have to have high damage on it.

Also to consider, does it stay a physical skill or get changed into a different category? If it stays a physical skill, then how does it interact with Peak Performance? Does it just permanently upkeep the damage buff by just slotting in this one skill? Does the cooldown reduction apply to all skills on the kit (if yes, even more reason to increase the cooldowns across the board here)?

It would remain a Physical skill. I do not think PP reduces the CDs of Rampage's skills, just that of Rampage, so any reduced CD of Rampage would be what is reduced (i.e. if it were a 1s CD like with kits it would drop to 0.8s).

It might be a possible way for a rework of this skill, but it would require intensive work and rebalancing.

I think the removal of all the passive aspects of it would already greatly rebalance it and remove much of it's power budget in exchange for the greatly reduced CD.

43 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It's an elite skill, though a condition on it to trigger the daze would be appropriate, Daze immobilized targets perhaps.

Yeah, tying it to a condition might work, good thinking.

43 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Its an elite. Its allowed to be powerful. Also consider that most of the bar is hard CCs that do little damage in competitive, so Dash would have to have high damage on it.

Correct, an elite is ought to be powerful. But having access to to a kit with 5 additional skills, especially with good utility like the pretty high mobility and CC the rampage kit provides, this might already take up a pretty big load of the power budget.

Also that most of the kit consists of hard CC which doesn't deal damage in competitive modes is a great argument for it's current state, where when you leave the rampage, you lose it's kit for a long cooldown. But if it works like a kit, then this leaves us with a kit with tons of CC and mobility, which you can freely use for combos. You can just swap into it to CC an enemy, swap out to burst them, swap in again to keep CCing, etc.

Also many of the skills on rampage are just allowed to have such a low cooldown because rampage has a long cooldown. I don't think that dash will be allowed to stay at 6 seconds CD if it becomes a kit, that is loading a hefty amount of mobility.

51 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It would remain a Physical skill. I do not think PP reduces the CDs of Rampage's skills, just that of Rampage, so any reduced CD of Rampage would be what is reduced (i.e. if it were a 1s CD like with kits it would drop to 0.8s).

It currently doesn't lower the CD of the kit skills, but if it becomes a kit people will start heavily demanding that it does. Because most people will think that the cooldown reduction just applying to a virtually not existing cooldown is a waste of the trait mechanic.

It shouldn't work, but people will most likely demand that it does.

52 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think the removal of all the passive aspects of it would already greatly rebalance it and remove much of it's power budget in exchange for the greatly reduced CD.

As further up discussed, I think it undersells the effects that changing this transformation into a kit would have.