The problem with new kneel and speed modifier

SlayerXX.7138

Speed boosts are additive. Wiki link Movement speed. Its the reason for the high speed reduction. Which will make speed modifier essential. It also will make kneel clunky. Some examples:

With swiftness you more then double your movement speed. 25% -> 60%.

Superspeed +100% will quintuple our movement speed to 125%, basically negating the tradeoff of kneel entirely. So kneel with supper speed will be most likely as fast as any other character with a movement sigil.

P.S. Judgment alone should keep its 1500 range, to give the sniper feel without being oppressive, as we can no longer spawn the rest of our weapon abilities on 1500 range.

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Like 4

I really don't mind being immobile while kneeling, i could easily move out of AOEs with my dodge. I would much rather they gave easier access to vigor in Deadeye and focus on using dodges to reposition then give us walking. I dont want to have to run trickery or SA just to be able to move quicker while kneeling or partner around with a scrapper. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Albi.7250 said:

Speed boosts are additive. Wiki link Movement speed. Its the reason for the high speed reduction. Which will make speed modifier essential. It also will make kneel clunky. Some examples:

With swiftness you more then double your movement speed. 25% -> 60%.

Superspeed +100% will quintuple our movement speed to 125%, basically negating the tradeoff of kneel entirely. So kneel with supper speed will be most likely as fast as any other character with a movement sigil.

I really wonder how it will work but I believe it will be lock in walking animation and speed bonus won't change it

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The irony is that, when I talked about the weaknesses of Deadeye being its immobility in the past, what I wanted was greater damage and/or utilities to compensate.  Though if you are correct and it works like cripple instead of walking, it will be hilarious to watch my toon squat-walk at breakneck pace under superspeed.

5 hours ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

What i dont understand is why dj gets pierce but other skills dont whixh build up your malice anyway. Its like dangling a carrot 

Spotter's Shot pierces.  It you catch a bunch of enemies in a line, spotter's shot spam can rip them to shreds.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1