How can I make hybrid warrior work?

Axelteas.7192

I equiped my berserker spec with the recommended viper gear and it sucked so much.

Part of the problem is that it requires to stack so many condis to start the snowball effect and that sword hits like a wet noodle.

Sword is so bad that I wanna replace it with mainhand axe.

I've seen a celestial build recommended for roaming wvw that may work also for open world. The healing would sinergize well with the healing shouts trailine.

But I also consider grieving stats+ ele rune.

Which path sould i take?

The purpose is just to have some fun , not a meta build, cos experimenting with new rare builds is what keeps me interested in the game after 10 years playing.

Edited by Axelteas.7192

29 minutes ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

I equiped my berserker spec with the recommended viper gear and it sucked so much.

Part of the problem is that it requires to stack so many condis to start the snowball effect and that sword hits like a wet noodle.

Sword is so bad that I wanna replace it with mainhand axe.

I've seen a celestial build recommended for roaming wvw that may work also for open world. The healing would sinergize well with the healing shouts trailine.

But I also consider grieving stats+ ele rune.

Which path sould i take?

The purpose is just to have some fun , not a meta build, cos experimenting with new rare builds is what keeps me interested in the game after 10 years playing.

If your goal is fun and not meta then sure, roll with cele gear. Try sword/axe as well.

• Like 1

Dire Condi Berserker works as a LI build for Longbow. You basically sleep on your keyboard while never really dying. You don't output as much damage as the Celestial variant, but it's way less demanding on your fingers and it also solos stuff well.

Talking about builds that shouldn't work, i've been interested in making a Cleric LI build. I wanted to make it a Hammer or Mace Warrior, but Hammer is too dependant on non-sustainy traits to work, so i might just bite the bullet and go either Axe/X or Spellbreaker Dagger/Dagger. The whole idea would be to abuse passive healing traits and utilities like Adrenal Health, Healing Signet, MMR and maybe Sun and Moon.

Honestly my entire idea was supposed to be a mace/shield warrior, kinda literally a Cleric, but there's no ammount of class fantasy that will make Mace usable, SPECIALLY with Shield for anything besides breakbar damage and swap.

Edited by Shadowpeixera.2918

I wonder about sword. How well does it scale with condi? How well does it scale with power?

Sword 2 has no condi, sword 3 only scales with condi at <50%. To what extent could this be an efficient condi weapon, even if you tried? There is literally no pure condi melee weapon in the entire arsenal. For an ideally melee class, no less.

So what are the ideal stats for sword? As far as I can gather, the best condi weapon is actually torch, which is offhand only. It's a curious thing.

48 minutes ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

Honestly my entire idea was supposed to be a mace/shield warrior, kinda literally a Cleric, but there's no ammount of class fantasy that will make Mace usable, SPECIALLY with Shield for anything besides breakbar damage and swap.

To be fair, this was made better in the PvP patch, ironically for PvE. The PvE patch will probably make this appealing on a defense/strength build with hammer and mace/shield if you go all in on CC.

I would give up on "class fantasy." This game doesn't even try. It IS the weapon swap. Swap is mandatory, I wouldn't bother trying to avoid it. I'm a shieldclown too (prot warrior in WoW) and I have to admit that going without, at least on your main set, is usually the way. The clampdown on CD reduction traits will only amplify the swap mechanic. There is really no way to make a "protection warrior" or "sword and board" type build. I currently use axe-axe with shield+something on the side just to maintain the flavor. I rarely even use the shield in combat.

Think of it this way, how could shield possibly be viable when its big 5 involves you turtling for 3 seconds, doing no damage? It is antithetical to DPS.

Edited by TugboatSteve.3607
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TugboatSteve.3607 said:

I wonder about sword. How well does it scale with condi? How well does it scale with power?

Sword 2 has no condi, sword 3 only scales with condi at <50%. To what extent could this be an efficient condi weapon, even if you tried? There is literally no pure condi melee weapon in the entire arsenal. For an ideally melee class, no less.

So what are the ideal stats for sword? As far as I can gather, the best condi weapon is actually torch, which is offhand only. It's a curious thing.

To be fair, this was made better in the PvP patch, ironically for PvE. The PvE patch will probably make this appealing on a defense/strength build with hammer and mace/shield if you go all in on CC.

I would give up on "class fantasy." This game doesn't even try. It IS the weapon swap. Swap is mandatory, I wouldn't bother trying to avoid it. I'm a shieldclown too (prot warrior in WoW) and I have to admit that going without, at least on your main set, is usually the way. The clampdown on CD reduction traits will only amplify the swap mechanic. There is really no way to make a "protection warrior" or "sword and board" type build. I currently use axe-axe with shield+something on the side just to maintain the flavor. I rarely even use the shield in combat.

Think of it this way, how could shield possibly be viable when its big 5 involves you turtling for 3 seconds, doing no damage? It is antithetical to DPS.

I mean, the game HAS LI options, but they are quite locked, so filling fantasy with ease to play is rarely the call. Even ESO had to give you a busted Mythic item to make non-swappers/roleplayers/casuals perform ok with their 5 slot builds.

But yeah, as a fellow Gladiator enjoyer, the game really doesn't help. The problem with the Mace/CC route is that it lacks a bit sustain. The weapon requires 2 traitlines to perform the whole "stability+quickness on CC" role. It IS a lot of fun.

The common LI build is Axe/Dagger Spellbreaker, with a Axe/Axe variant for Core. You use Mace/Mace or Mace/Shield on the backbar for defiance breaking. I was between either Hammer Cleric Warrior or Mace/Shield Cleric Warrior. Both are subpar, and yeah, this game simply doesn't help. It's one of the reasons i find myself playing less and less.

Edited by Shadowpeixera.2918