Players and objects don't load

It will all depend on a number of things

Your Processor speed
the amount of memory your computer has
the type of storage device you have (i.e. a mechanical hard drive or SSD)
the amount of programs running at the same time as the game (if any)
your graphic card in your machine
your in game graphic settings

Tell us about the above and also post a screenshot or give us details as to what all the ingame settings are set to and I'm sure there will be a few posts helping you out.

18 hours ago, Andy.5981 said:

It will all depend on a number of things

Your Processor speed
the amount of memory your computer has
the type of storage device you have (i.e. a mechanical hard drive or SSD)
the amount of programs running at the same time as the game (if any)
your graphic card in your machine
your in game graphic settings

Tell us about the above and also post a screenshot or give us details as to what all the ingame settings are set to and I'm sure there will be a few posts helping you out.

Intel i3-6100, Geforce GTX 950, 8GB RAM, mechanical hard drive, no programs in the background except ones that would go anyways

My graphics settings:

https://imgur.com/a/LXe004Z

From your ingame settings there isn't anything over the top, in fact it looks like you've dropped a few to their lowest settings.

If you want to get a few more fps out of the game, turn shadows off completely.

Try altering Frame Limiter from Unlimited to 60 or even 30 and see if it makes a difference to your machine. Whiilst its not going to make any storage drive on your computer faster, it will take a little pressure off the processor and the graphics card.

I suspect if you have a mechanical hard drive in your system (you don't say if it is a Desktop or Laptop), that this may well be the bottleneck. Getting that data to load quickly is half the battle and having a slow storage drive may well be what is causing stuff to load in slowly.

Edited by Andy.5981

On 11/21/2022 at 1:40 PM, Andy.5981 said:

From your ingame settings there isn't anything over the top, in fact it looks like you've dropped a few to their lowest settings.

If you want to get a few more fps out of the game, turn shadows off completely.

Try altering Frame Limiter from Unlimited to 60 or even 30 and see if it makes a difference to your machine. Whiilst its not going to make any storage drive on your computer faster, it will take a little pressure off the processor and the graphics card.

I suspect if you have a mechanical hard drive in your system (you don't say if it is a Desktop or Laptop), that this may well be the bottleneck. Getting that data to load quickly is half the battle and having a slow storage drive may well be what is causing stuff to load in slowly.

Sorry for not replying sooner. I didn't forget your comment. The FPS limiter didn't bring change, but I'll leave it on. I didn't notice it's set to unlimited. It might be useful to gain a few FPS in certain scenarios later. I think I should definitely upgrade to an SSD. Thank you for the help.

• Like 1

I have an old computer as well. Maybe similar specs - not sure since I do not know about CPU and GPU nodaways. But I have 8 GB ram. Alt-tabbing is a big problem. (Computer switches focus and needs to re-load a lot of stuff ... taking to load longer for the next maps. Can sometimes get me stuck on load screen in PvP for a few minutes into the match.)

Generally when in the game and not alt-tabbing ... it works fine for me though. After a first load time spike where the UI (at first opening) ... needs some time. I immediately trigger my mailbox, inventory, guild panel and the hero screen so the game requests these and loads the icons for the items and stuff. Usually big amounts of players can be annoying - in arborstone, the Dragon's End meta ... and big zerg fights. PvP and map backgrounds less of a problem. (They really only seem a problem at the first start of the game when I left in a huge player hub where it prefers to load the player models first and then the map. Sometimes stuck on mounting up waiting for the mount to load as well then.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hatebreeder.8316 said:

Sorry for not replying sooner. I didn't forget your comment. The FPS limiter didn't bring change, but I'll leave it on. I didn't notice it's set to unlimited. It might be useful to gain a few FPS in certain scenarios later. I think I should definitely upgrade to an SSD. Thank you for the help.

No problem, glad to help a little. If you are using an mechanical Hard drive the SSD will make a massive difference to your load times. Make sure you turn off shadows as well, that will give you a little more FPS increase in crowded locations too.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 1