Feedback: Please add button to Story tab to purchase the entire season instead of only individual episodes (similar to DLCs)

Benie.9312

So I've been wanting to purchase all the Living World seasons (+ The Icebrood Saga). I have been under the assumption for awhile, that I could get everything for 1,000 Gems (going by Episode 1). I assumed this would cover the entire season. So I spent $20 on 1,600 Gems, as this would be more than enough.
But when I purchased Episode 1 of Living World Season 2, I noticed I made a fatal mistake as the other episodes were still locked. And I was really upset. It took a long time until I remembered two of my friends telling me about this, that I can go to the Black Lion Trading Company to purchase the entire season in half the price it would be normally (for each episode).
Now, I haven't played for 7 years. And I don't even remember about this 'Living World' thing back then. So, I didn't know, at all that this ingame store is the only way to get the entire season.

I've been in talks with ArenaNet and they did their best to help me, telling me to just purchase the full season of Living World Season 2. They have refunded me 400 Gems to cover the cost (as the actual cost is 1,280 Gems, but I saw it for 1,120 Gems). Though I do greatly appreciate the support team for trying to mitigate the problem, it isn't going to solve its source.
But since it's been such a long time and nothing has been done about this problem, it really confuses me why others haven't gone up to ArenaNet's devs about this and wanted to see a change.
I do not know, ArenaNet, what your true intentions are for making it where (for Season 2 alone), it costs more to unlock every single individual episode (which is 1,600 Gems total($20)), compared to 1,280 Gems for unlocking the season itself. That's a 320 Gem difference. Is it just me, who feels this practice is.. scummy?
Why not add a simple button in the Story page, that's similar to DLCs, that shows one can purchase the entire season for X amount of Gems. This would help the player make an informed decision, especially when they're not used to the Black Lion Trading Company (or never used it in the past). This shouldn't be a 'you problem' for not knowing. I've addressed my issue with the unofficial GW2 Discord, and most of them agree it needs to be more clear to purchase the full season for less gems.

And hopefully this'll be the last time editing this message. I'm trying to be as calm as I possibly can, even though I feel I got taken advantage of for 'not knowing' by you guys.

Edited by Benie.9312
Trying to make this sound nice...
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

• 1 month later...

This is quite a late reply.

I just want to say, regardless if it would be a good idea to make things more clear or not, you feel ANet took advantage of you?  Even though they gave you a refund, which they in no way had to do?  I can't help but feel the opposite, that they've done what they can to help you out and make things right.

In no way is selling a whole set for less than the individual components scummy.  This is everywhere in real life.  If you go to McDonalds and buy a #1, you're experiencing this exact same concept.  Bedroom sets, knife sets, video game bundles, DVD box sets... 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

When Living World Seasons are not complete (on-going), it would confuse players to see a 'button' advertising the complete Season when such a thing does not yet exist. 

It is best practice to research any purchase (Guild Wars 2 or other) before making said purchase.  A visit to the Wiki, the forums, in-game chat and/or the Gem Store would offer information (and likely save money and frustration). 

• Confused 2

They should just bundle the Living World seasons with the relevant expansion, once completed. This way new players automatically unlock them, and veteran players will, of course, already have them unlocked.

Core + LWS1 + LWS2

HoT + LWS3

PoF + LWS4 + LWS5

EoD + LWS6

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

They should just bundle the Living World seasons with the relevant expansion, once completed. This way new players automatically unlock them, and veteran players will, of course, already have them unlocked.

Core + LWS1 + LWS2

HoT + LWS3

PoF + LWS4 + LWS5

EoD + LWS6

So you want people to pay for hot again instead of getting it with pof?

Pretty sure people wont be happy if they have to pay 35 bucks hot = base box+ season 2, season 3.

Pof 35 = base box+  season 4 season 5

And then EoD 40 = base box + season 6 that aint even released yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Core + LWS1 + LWS2

HoT + LWS3

PoF + LWS4 + LWS5

EoD + LWS6

Yeah... it's this: https://buy.guildwars2.com/en-us/complete-collection

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

No, this is too ambiguous. New players don't understand when purchasing other editions that they're not getting Living World because the game doesn't actually say that it has DLC content anywhere. Its not made clear that many elements of the story and some elements of progression require it.

Usually MMOs include everything in the expansions, as DLC content is rare in the genre. Players make threads here complaining about it pretty much daily.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

No, this is too ambiguous. New players don't understand when purchasing other editions that they're not getting Living World because the game doesn't actually say that it has DLC content anywhere. Its not made clear that many elements of the story and some elements of progression require it.

Usually MMOs include everything in the expansions, as DLC content is rare in the genre. Players make threads here complaining about it pretty much daily.

Daily threads?  Doubtful and likely a gross exaggeration.

It's not ambiguous at all.  You only get what is mentioned as included.  If there was a woman modeling next to a car in an advertisement, would you really assume that she came with it even though the advertisement made no mention of it?  There's a thing called common sense.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1