Things missing from the 29/11/2022 patch note

Kulvar.1239

When you open a tome you get a corresponding dormant effect that disable the passive effect.
Dormant effect duration is not refreshed when you re-open a tome.

• Dormant Justice last 30s (25s with Virtues traitline).
  • Dormant Resolve last 50s (42s with Virtues traitline).
  • Dormant Courage last 75s (63s with Virtues traitline).

Renewed Justice remove the Dormant Justice effect .

Edited by Kulvar.1239
Bear on the job.6273 made me realise I forgot the effect of the Virtues traitline
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

When you open a tome you get a corresponding dormant effect that disable the passive effect.
Dormant effect duration is not refreshed when you re-open a tome.

• Dormant Justice last 25s.
  • Dormant Resolve last 42s.
  • Dormant Courage last 63s.

Renewed Justice remove the Dormant Justice effect .

Those are the cooldowns when you have Virtues traitline slotted. Without Virtues the durations are (same as old book cooldowns):

• Dormant Justice last 30s.
  • Dormant Resolve last 50s.
  • Dormant Courage last 75s.
8 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Wait, so there is zero point to using Renewed Justice now if you have Quickfire slotted? 

Not quite...with Quickfire, you will have both the Tome of Justice passive and Dormant Justice debuff at the same time. This means things that would happen when Tome of Justice is activated (like Justice is Blind) will not trigger while Dormant Justice is present. But passive traits (like Permeating Wrath) will still work because Tome of Justice passive is still present.

Edited by Bear on the job.6273
  • Thanks 2

Oh that's not confusing to players at all. 🙄

I fear the new fb is going to be too complex for the casual player to track (shared pages, page regen rates, page costs, hidden skill CDs, hidden trait CDs, confusing trait interactions, some traits that refresh other specific traits, alternative passive virtue refresh rates). Let alone LI players that relied on a simple, effective spec to play support and hybrid builds. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Bear on the job.6273 said:

Those are the cooldowns when you have Virtues traitline slotted. Without Virtues the durations are (same as old book cooldowns):

• Dormant Justice last 30s.
  • Dormant Resolve last 50s.
  • Dormant Courage last 75s.

Not quite...with Quickfire, you will have both the Tome of Justice passive and Dormant Justice debuff at the same time. This means things that would happen when Tome of Justice is activated (like Justice is Blind) will not trigger while Dormant Justice is present. But passive traits (like Permeating Wrath) will still work because Tome of Justice passive is still present.

My bad, I forgot to consider Virtues could impact the buff duration. Thanks !

1 hour ago, TheHeavyHat.2936 said:

I love the idea of the shared pages. I think that's a smart nerf, but the actions costing 2-3 pages + a massive cooldown? Nah, way to kill the spec.

I wouldn't say it is a nerf per say. More like a rework laying foundation for easier balance as there are more things to adjust.

• Confused 2

This rework is probably on par with the banner rework. It's a questionable execution, with bugs and poorly resolved edge cases. cFB feels absolutely dull to play now, renewed justice is kinda useless, UI doesn't say how much time till you get a page back and it seems server side, Swift Scholar being weird with page refunds, and not working at all when a tome is dormant, which is also a guess...

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Oh that's not confusing to players at all. 🙄

Yep, the triat text of [Renewed Justice] do not clarify how it works exactly on FB. I use [Quickfire] as well and it feels like one whole trait is useless 😕

16 hours ago, Sonork.2916 said:

WVW: 
Regarding the new FB tome page recharge timer, the pages don't recharge while you're mounted... and it's intended to be like that... a kind of punishment I suppose?

Mounted in PvE also (like the heat of Holoshmith while mounted).
Is this intended? I don't know.
Is this  a punishment? It feels like 🙁

• Like 1

I feel like everywhere the Hb was a must to have in your team will now get replace by any other caracter. I am not against shaking pages between the 3 books but skills costing 2-3 pages make it unusable in raid, strikes and fractals. This nerf is too much. We are not all as good as Mightyteapot... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Julie Yann.9716 said:

I feel like everywhere the Hb was a must to have in your team will now get replace by any other caracter. I am not against shaking pages between the 3 books but skills costing 2-3 pages make it unusable in raid, strikes and fractals. This nerf is too much. We are not all as good as Mightyteapot... 

No skill should cost 3 pages.

• Like 3