100% Critical Chance

Arianth Moonlight.6453

and suddenly, outta nowhere, 100% crit. chance with core necro, with focus on solo play and Fury uptime!

Build Editor - Gw2Skills.Net

ok, forgot about this, Runes of Rage are overkill (by a lot). Runes of the Scholar are a better and basically the only good choice (unlike Reaper, core necro can keep the bonus damage easily):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSQAYlFwOYVMF2IOyKdLTA-zRIYRU8XG1moVUU2eAEo7fymXAkGKcGBqA-e

Edited by Arianth Moonlight.6453
  • Haha 1

One thing to keep in mind when chosing runes and sigils:

Flat bonuses like Sigil of Force and the first bonus from Sigil of Impact are additive, while conditional bonuses like on most runes and the second bonus from Sigil of Impact are multiplicative.

This applies to most traits too. As a general rule, if something is permanent, its additive.

Scholar runes are balanced around the fact that in metrics players only stay above 90% health about 80% of the time, making the %damage bonus about the same as other runes, with the added ferocity. This is sometimes the case even with a dedicated healer, because some classes have lower vitality than others, and lose 10% health alot easier. Taking toughness into account, Warrior takes double damage to drop below 90% compared to Elementalist.

Ferocity also gives less damage the higher your critical damage already is, because its a smaller bonus compared to the whole. It doesn't always outstrip just having more power. This is why sometimes Rune of Infiltration can be more efficient than Eagle, damage-wise, although rarely.

This wasn't checked using tests on golem, but by writing a piece of software that checks all possible gear combinations (tens of billions), with some basic probability assumptions. Each class is different, however.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

In the same build that need 100 pts of precision from runes, you can use:

- superior runes of the thief

- superior runes of the mesmer

- superior runes of the spellbreaker

- superior runes of the pack (there is an extra 25 points of precision)

- superior runes of the chronomancer

1 minute ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

- superior runes of the thief

that's overkill by like a lot (wasted precision).

2 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

- superior runes of the mesmer

we have no Daze.

2 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

- superior runes of the spellbreaker

if you don't want to farm sure, but I tested both and runes of the golemancer give better DPS.

6 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

- superior runes of the pack

wasted precision again.

7 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

- superior runes of the chronomancer

I considered those, but 4 seconds of quickness every 25 seconds aren't gonna add any dps.

19 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

that's overkill by like a lot (wasted precision).

we have no Daze.

if you don't want to farm sure, but I tested both and runes of the golemancer give better DPS.

wasted precision again.

I considered those, but 4 seconds of quickness every 25 seconds aren't gonna add any dps.

My post was all about possibility not efficiency. The goal is 100% crit chance not top dps, otherwise you'd have only a single build since only 1 build can be at the top.

12 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

ah. About that, all the builds I post here are meant to achieve exactly (and i mean exactly) 100% crit. chance. Not really looking for the best dps on all of them.

Which is why I pointed out those runeset while you answered with: "less dps", "no daze". Nonetheless, they bring you to 100% crit chance.

• 1 month later...