You have GOT to be kidding me with this (an EoD rant / review)

itspomf.9523

2 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Maybe you're so good that you'll be able to carry 9 other newbie players at Harvest Temple or Old Lion's Court strikes. But not all teams are able to do so with too many that are inexperienced. Seen enough fails in that scenario. And the problem is it'll affect every single team.

Strikes are not communicated to players that they are basically post-story activities? Only if those players have been living under some rocks in Tyria. Ever heard of endgame? Find me more than a handful of players who are attempting Instanced contents (not story instances) without bothering to finish their Story first. And Story doesn't take that long to complete

I don't disagree with you, I just come from a point of objective reality. I see players who can't access arborstone but want to strike... and I don't think playing the story magically makes them "worthy" to strike with me. Most of these strikes have one gimmick you'll die to once, go "huh, so that's how it works..." then never die again.

And, quite frankly, HT is easy. If your pug group can get 6+ members through mordremoth phase I think it's a success. It's just getting through modremoth's groundpound that's the problem.

2 hours ago, Westenev.5289 said:

I don't disagree with you, I just come from a point of objective reality. I see players who can't access arborstone but want to strike... and I don't think playing the story magically makes them "worthy" to strike with me. Most of these strikes have one gimmick you'll die to once, go "huh, so that's how it works..." then never die again.

And, quite frankly, HT is easy. If your pug group can get 6+ members through mordremoth phase I think it's a success. It's just getting through modremoth's groundpound that's the problem.

Hahahaha, spoken like someone who has never done HT CM or payed 10k to some seller.

HT mordi phase means squat. Getting past that phase was significantly easier than anything after it. Mordi was basically a "is everyone awake" check, that's it.

Sorry but please refrain from talking about HT CM when your experience with it is at most some youtube videos.

EDIT:

correction on my part, this was in relation to normal mode HT and I sprang to conclusions. Not going to edit but rather add this edit to clarify my mistake.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Westenev.5289 said:

You have multiple options to access arborstone, 

First, the scroll, which is around half the story. 

Second, TP to friend, to instantly go there. 

Third, you can simply do the first step of the story, and then walk to arborstone, nothing is closed. 

It's not quite a big requirement...

36 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

You have multiple options to access arborstone, 

First, the scroll, which is around half the story. 

Second, TP to friend, to instantly go there. 

Third, you can simply do the first step of the story, and then walk to arborstone, nothing is closed. 

It's not quite a big requirement...

You actually have to complete the 'fallout' chapter on at least one character to get to Arborstone through the land route (which is why Teleport to Friend is my favourite option).

Please don't treat me like I'm stupid. My problem isn't getting to arborstone, it's getting rando's there so I can start the daily strike ASAP.

Edited by Westenev.5289