What I would do for BSW MH Pistol

Lan Deathrider.5910

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I did recommend during the beta that they could just move P4 and P5 to P2 and P3 and give it a generic AA to simplify making a MH pistol

Yep, a *lot* of people were into that, me included. 

#4 could have a neat new range dependent functionality of having 900 range, plus the step-forward movement, and granting either Swiftness (if over 450 from target) or Fury (if under 450).

As for support aspects: #3 could add 10s Might per shot. #5 retains the light field, which is hella neat. "The Pistol Support Trait" makes the #4 boon, the  #3 Might, and the #2 Weakness-cleanse affect allies in AoE, too. Or you might want to have all those built in, no trait required...

17 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

One does not preclude the other

Your argument is that warrior needed pistol mainhand because it has no good ranged options.... my point is that this doesn't make it necessarily need pistol mainhand, since this can also just get fixed by making rifle and longbow better.

For the same reason Engineer especs needed to add in melee options. Would you have liked it if Scrapper gave you a scepter, Holo gave you a longbow, and all of a sudden Mechanist gave you shortbow? You have Wrench, so why would you need a melee MH weapon then? It's that same situation but for warrior.

Engineer needed melee options, but I personally didn't care if this comes from a mainhand weapon like sword or a two handed weapon like hammer. All I really wanted was one melee power weapon (we already got that with hammer, then again with sword) and a melee weapon for condi (mace gave us that).

According to your logic, engineer needs still a two handed melee condition weapon, a mainhand ranged power weapon, a two handed ranged condition weapon.... which I don't think is true.

Related but separate. Warrior doesn't have a 900 range weapon, which is something that I believe most other classes have.

I still haven't seen a single convincing argument why such a weapon is truly needed.

Revenant doesn't have a single handed 900 range weapon, either. Yet I never saw anyone saying that it is a niche that needs to get filled desperately.

Very true, but a ranged support weapon in the MH, which pistol could have filled, would pair perfectly with warhorn for a complete build.

You ignored the "no matter the range threshold" bit of my statement. I actually think that a melee support weapon would work better with the warrior kit, considering that alot of their supportive qualities happen around the warrior.

On 12/10/2022 at 3:16 AM, Kodama.6453 said:

According to your logic, engineer needs still a two handed melee condition weapon, a mainhand ranged power weapon, a two handed ranged condition weapon.... which I don't think is true.

You have kits, we don't. You have FT, Grenades, Bombs, Toolkit ( that actually hits like a truck when it connects ), Mortar, Elixir. Engineers have several ways of performing their job, while we are left with extremely outdated options. Comparing apples to oranges here.

• Like 1