chat excessive messaging restriction

whats the time interval for the system to flag the chat message as excessive?

I've been running around dry top map and pinging event locations(map channel chat) every 7 mins - 15 mins interval when events spawn to get the map to tier 6... I havent even pinged it like spam pingig.. i just ping once and leave it.. but

system flagged as excessive message and didn't post the message... I even have screenshots of the chat log with timestamp.. all my message is between 7 - 15 min intervals...

will game system mark as spamming if someone report us as spamming?

This is not a big concern but i'm just curious about the excessive message time interval

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excessive messaging is only for repeating the same thing over and over again, in theory at least. I wonder if pinging things are considered the same thing regardless of what you ping. But pinging something every 7-15 mins seems odd to get the excessive messaging result. Perhaps the game thinks that you could be a bot since you don't do anything else but ping things.

That's the only thing I can come up with as a possible reason. 

The only time I've ran into it was during LS1 linking events for something in Kessex Hills. There was no issue for a long time then the excessive messaging kicked in. The difference was that when there was no issue I was including other stuff in the message while linking the WP/PoI. Pinging just the locations was what triggered the spam detector quickly. There is probably some sort of check for how similar the messages are. If you are linking just WP in the same map your messages are easily 72% repeats due to the way the chat links work.

• Like 2