Help with figuring out how certain classes are taking no damage

meerfunkuhtron.9725

On 1/2/2023 at 2:17 PM, captrowdy.9561 said:

Your playing a class that’s not doing much dmg. Switch to soulbeast. There’s a glassy build and a tanky one that’s more forgiving. I run marauders/zerk with wilderness survival and beast mastery. Great for roaming and outnumbered fights. 

Most of those ranger builds aren't doing anything to the new ele, mesmer and thief builds.

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2022 at 7:59 AM, meerfunkuhtron.9725 said:

I wasn't really sure where to post this, but since I've only been seeing this in WvW, I'll ask here.
I didn't play for a few years but have started being active again recently. So I know there's a lot of changes I've missed, and just not familiar with the new classes. I've noticed that there's instances when I'm not damaging enemy players at all; specifically, I've seen this on Willbenders, but have also seen the same against auramancers. Now, typically, when a damage is being negated, the game tells you, right? Like if they're blocking, invuln, or evading, etc. But I'm not seeing those in this particular instance--they are simply not taking any damage, both from melee and ranged projectiles. With Willbenders, I noticed they have what looks like a light aura during this time, but I was looking at their kit and didn't see anything about light aura or anything else completely negating damage (except for their heal skill which only negates one attack, from what I gathered at least, and not multiple attacks lasting for what feels like 10 seconds). I am also not blinded during these situations, which is the only other thing I was expecting that would make my attacks miss.

Any help here would be great! I'm not enjoying the fact that I'm not seeing the typical flying texts or other animations that accompany such powerful skills. But the next best thing is to figure out what possible skills are at work so I can plan my fights better. Thank you in advance!

Willy Benders are currently broken.

• Confused 1

For Untamed I typically run this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAMFlFw8YssVmLO+OpR9Sk+HA-zVhYBRFKTMs5gAPCy4UCTCkpIoXhQLLA1cACYP8WiYGAA-w

It has good damage and good survivability for most matchups in a 1v1 scenario. 

Willbenders have a very front loaded burst. Especially if they are power. They are designed to port in unload their damage and port out. It's the assassin archetype. They don't have a lot of sustain damage. 

Guard in general has a lot of light fields it can generate which can be leapt through to grant light aura, but it sounds like the Willbender you are mentioning is likely running the Radiance trait line. The very first minor trait is called 'Justice is Blind'. This causes them to gain a light aura and blind nearby foes for 3 seconds in a 240 radius on activation of their F1. 

• Thanks 1