Citadel Bombardment Question

Akisohida.8963

It says 'Open a portal through the mists of time, unleashing a storm of artillery from the united legions.'

I swear I read somewhere that it's pulling from the future, but I cannot find it anymore.

Anyone have any lore input? Is the skill pulling from a possible future? The future as it will be? From the past? Were the Legions ever united in the past?

If So: What does that look like from the other side? They clearly KNOW they are sending artillery into what amounts to their past to help a past hero.

Also; if it IS the future; think ANet will ever show it? I've love to see a Khan-Ur and the Legions united!

I don't think there have ever been an instance where it said "pulling from the future" 

The United Legions referenced here were Ash Iron and Blood from Kalla Scorchrazor's time, when she led all the renegade Charr she could muster against the then Flame Shamans which was also the leading party the time. At that period of time, High Legions were already a thing, but the entirety of Charr race as a whole were largely ruled over by the Shaman Caste (who were defeated and basically cast out as the Flame Legion) 

The Mist is a very weird topic. Simply put, it's everything, everywhere, at the same time, locked away like a picture taken. The premise of this skill is channeling Kalla Scorchrazor to command a bombardment attack from an echo of the mist in which the Revenant then opens a portal for the bombardment to come out of and affect real world. 

In fact the Legends that Revenants channel aren't the actual "spirit". It's just an Echo/Copy of the Legend. 

Spoiler:

Spoiler

If you have played Living World 4, you will come across an episode where the Mist and reality are blended and the Mist echos of past events cross over into real space, replaying over and over like a broken record.

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 7:36 PM, Akisohida.8963 said:

It says 'Open a portal through the mists of time, unleashing a storm of artillery from the united legions.'

I swear I read somewhere that it's pulling from the future, but I cannot find it anymore.

Anyone have any lore input? Is the skill pulling from a possible future? The future as it will be? From the past? Were the Legions ever united in the past?

If So: What does that look like from the other side? They clearly KNOW they are sending artillery into what amounts to their past to help a past hero.

Also; if it IS the future; think ANet will ever show it? I've love to see a Khan-Ur and the Legions united!

no because that took place in the past.  It never said pulling from the future

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Citadel_Bombardment&oldid=1477916

check the history

16 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

no because that took place in the past.  It never said pulling from the future

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Citadel_Bombardment&oldid=1477916

check the history

It also never directly said pulling from the past.

And I don't recall the Legions being united in the past. Except, possibly, when they were under Flame Legion control.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Akisohida.8963 said:

It also never directly said pulling from the past.

And I don't recall the Legions being united in the past. Except, possibly, when they were under Flame Legion control.

"Open a portal through the mists of time, unleashing a storm of artillery from the united legions."

The tooltip mentions Mist of time as the place of the portal. 

The Ability comes from Kalla Scorchrazor (1079–1116 AE), a legend from the past when she united the legions against the Flame Legion.  So this ability is summoning a portal of artillery from the past echo of the mist. 

On 1/6/2023 at 5:06 PM, Ausar.9542 said:

"Open a portal through the mists of time, unleashing a storm of artillery from the united legions."

The tooltip mentions Mist of time as the place of the portal. 

The Ability comes from Kalla Scorchrazor (1079–1116 AE), a legend from the past when she united the legions against the Flame Legion.  So this ability is summoning a portal of artillery from the past echo of the mist. 

Yes but when Kalla lived, the Legions were FAR from united.

This is the woman who helped break the Flame Legion's hold on the Charr  by building an army of female charr.

I think it's the fact that she is in the Mists (where the afterlifes seem to be) that gives us this power. Not that it's pulling from a time in her life.