Thoughts on making Untamed pet skills available for core/all Ranger specs?

meerfunkuhtron.9725

If this has been brought up before, I apologize. And to clarify, the pet skills I'm talking about are not the unleashed skills (which I certainly believe should stay with Untamed), but rather the "normal" skills. The ones that our pets already do but specs outside of Untamed can't control, save for one skill.

I've been playing around with SB and Druid lately, and one thing I keep wishing for is the ability to control the other skills for my pet. It's something I've actually been wanting for awhile and (iirc) other players were suggesting back then as well. Mainly for the obvious reason of having more control and pet interaction.

Any thoughts on this? Has Anet mentioned anything about possibly making that feature standard for ranger?

• Like 3

Honestly, I thinknthey might be thinking about it, however untamed's value comes from having total pet control. There's not a whole lot of value currently for untamed, hopefully the rework allows them to do that as a baseline for core ranger.

I think it'd be really nice to have. For example, on Druid I run electric wyvern for my primary CC. If I could control when my wyvern used both wing buffet and lightning assault, that'd be really nice and a little less subject to randomness. Maybe core overall would improve enough to be a bit closer to the other core profs in other modes too.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Honestly, I thinknthey might be thinking about it, however untamed's value comes from having total pet control. There's not a whole lot of value currently for untamed, hopefully the rework allows them to do that as a baseline for core ranger.

I think it'd be really nice to have. For example, on Druid I run electric wyvern for my primary CC. If I could control when my wyvern used both wing buffet and lightning assault, that'd be really nice and a little less subject to randomness. Maybe core overall would improve enough to be a bit closer to the other core profs in other modes too.

The last sentences here were definitely what I was thinking. We know that ranger has been suffering since the dawn of GW2, partly due to the pet AI. I feel like giving us more control over what our pets are doing (not just a small percentage of it) would fulfill some aspects this class has been lacking.

And I agree as well, that Untamed would lose its main value if the pets behaved the same way. This is a thought for a different thread, but I was wondering how big of a positive effect it would have if unleashed skills had some diversity. Similar to how some skills and traits are exclusive to particular pet types... Untamed could have different unleashed skills depending on the group that pet belongs to.

I'll keep a look out for that rework. Kind of scared, but hopefully we actually see improvements.

Edited by meerfunkuhtron.9725

It wouldnt be a bad thing, i mean the option of controlling all 3 skills was probably made because unleashed pet has 3 skills and thus this way the wlite is more stable.

Now more than the skills what pets need is more of a comand rework, i mean more options to choose like "protect that area" or just a "stay close"  but being able to attack instead of just a passive and active mode, that would be a bigger inprovement for me

IDK if i want access to everything my pet does given i turned on autocast on all 3 skills. However i feel Untamed the pets need to be stronger damage and dps like they did the mechanist. Making every core trait in their trait line effect the Robot. When Untamed came out i was thinking ok SB is no pet Druid is heals and Untamed would be a pet class with strong pets. My hopes was by me going from core ranger to Untamed it would just make the pet a hell of a lot stronger and that i can raid on my Untamed and people would know i am a pet user. So much so when Untamed came out i went marksman beastmastery and Untamed thinking that set up would strengthen my combat style as a longbow/hammer untamed with a strong pet focus. I was even thinking when they announced it that the video leaned to a buff that when pet was unleashed it would give the pet a stat boost. Then when i was unleashed i would get said stat boost.

Edited by Kaenaydar.5631