game crashes on start after new 01.10. update

Hi there,

the whole last week i did run the game on DX11 in preparation for the Arenanet news and the game worked fine for me.

After the new update today however i get a crash every time i try to start (with the option to send a report, with lots of text and something like " ImgMemAlloc" seemingly causing issues).

Did remove arcdps - but no improvement.

When i switched back to DX9 in the options menu i have no more crashes and can enjoy the festival.

Anyone else having this issue on DX11 - and any ideas on what might cause it??

• Like 1

I'm having this same issue, getting the "ImgMemAlloc expected format between 0 and 33; got 35".  For me, it's whenever I log into a character that is currently in Lion's Arch.  I did try a character in Arborstone and didn't crash there.  Not running any addons at the time.

Edit:
I tried clearing cache, and all that did was allow me to have 10-15 seconds or so moving my character before crashing.  I also tried going back to DX9, even though it says it's depreciated, and that so far has been working.

Edited by BloodravenD.7902
  • Like 2

What are your guys' system specs?  I haven't crashed yet.

My system is Win11 Ryzen-2700x with Nvidia 1080 Ti card.  Using DX11.

My graphics options are all relatively low because I play WvW a lot.  Windowed Fullscreen with dual monitors.

Reflections: None
Textures: Low
Shadows: None
Shaders: Low
Postprocessing: None
Character Model Limit: High
Character Model Quality: Low

No Vsync

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

What are your guys' system specs?  I haven't crashed yet.

My system is Win11 Ryzen-2700x with Nvidia 1080 Ti card.  Using DX11.

My graphics options are all relatively low because I play WvW a lot.  Windowed Fullscreen with dual monitors.

Reflections: None
Textures: Low
Shadows: None
Shaders: Low
Postprocessing: None
Character Model Limit: High
Character Model Quality: Low

No Vsync

It's definitely not depends on hardware in total, may be some specific devices or drivers. Played on DX11 for half a year with medium/high graphics without any problems. But right after today's update constantly getting crashes after some time, from seconds to nearly 2 minutes at best try.

32 minutes ago, Kyubey.6349 said:

It's definitely not depends on hardware in total, may be some specific devices or drivers. Played on DX11 for half a year with medium/high graphics without any problems. But right after today's update constantly getting crashes after some time, from seconds to nearly 2 minutes at best try.

Sure, that's why I posted my information in hopes that people can maybe narrow down a workaround.  Like when people were crashing when they had something set to Ultra and the workaround was to reduce it.

• Like 1