Diminishing Returns

Ghos.1326

Alright, I think it's time we spoke about this.

I think it's time we implement diminishing returns with the sheer amount of CC that's in the game. Getting CC locked is not fun, especially when in a scenario where you're playing 3v3 or 2v2 arenas and throughout one moment in the game, you just can not move no matter what you do. Not only should this be implemented with the amount of CCs that are in the game now, but it should be implemented also because of how low cooldown those CC skills are.

This is something to consider moving forward now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

OK hear me out, we could increase the cool down on CCs and differentiate them.
CCs for interrupts: dazes, don't last longer than 0.5s, fast casting.
CCs for setting up kills: lock you out of skills and movement (except stunbreaks), last 1.5+s, longer cast 0.75+s.

This would help with "spam" because interrupt type CC would cancel the kill ones and if they last 0.5s you're pretty much back to playing very quickly. You can also control the types of CC a lot easier and everyone roughly knows the "rules" of how and why they die.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

I'm guessing you're talking about warriors?

Typically the way out if to let the CC happen and stun break and down right as they use a damaging skill but for newer and lesser skilled players, its really hard. Warrior kindof sets up a bit of a brain dead playstyle for itself in exchange for playing cat and mouse whereas the warrior's opponents have to think out the encounter more but if you do, you beat them easily and they come to the forum to cry about it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

OK hear me out, we could increase the cool down on CCs and differentiate them.
CCs for interrupts: dazes, don't last longer than 0.5s, fast casting.
CCs for setting up kills: lock you out of skills and movement (except stunbreaks), last 1.5+s, longer cast 0.75+s.

This would help with "spam" because interrupt type CC would cancel the kill ones and if they last 0.5s you're pretty much back to playing very quickly. You can also control the types of CC a lot easier and everyone roughly knows the "rules" of how and why they die.

I actually like this idea too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

I'm guessing you're talking about warriors?

Typically the way out if to let the CC happen and stun break and down right as they use a damaging skill but for newer and lesser skilled players, its really hard. Warrior kindof sets up a bit of a brain dead playstyle for itself in exchange for playing cat and mouse whereas the warrior's opponents have to think out the encounter more but if you do, you beat them easily and they come to the forum to cry about it.

No not necessarily for warriors, i think their kit is fine since they only have 1 or 2 damaging skills with that specific skillset.

more for groups that bring massive amounts of CC as well as absurd damage.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ghos.1326 said:

No not necessarily for warriors, i think their kit is fine since they only have 1 or 2 damaging skills with that specific skillset.

more for groups that bring massive amounts of CC as well as absurd damage.

Like what classes? Also what warriors do you fight that only has one or two damaging skills?

Edited by Dr Meta.3158
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghos.1326 said:

in the hammer kit, hence the specific skillset bit.

Hammer has 3 CC skills and 3 damaging skills just for core including the weapon specific burst. I suppose if you want to get really semantic, you could compare it to reaper shroud which is close to warrior in playstyle and uses the hammer modifiers and that weapon has 2 CC skills and 2 damaging skills. But no one will go around saying reaper shroud doesn't do damage because that isn't the full picture. It would be rather deceptive of me to make that case as well. Thats not even including the ability that almost every class in the game has access to, weapon swap.

So who brings massive amounts of CC as well as absurd damage?

• Like 1