Question about condi

Vin Sin Stich.8035

I'm confused about how to deal with condition damage.  Is there some sort of trick I'm missing? In these 3v3 death matches with all 3 players focusing conditions on me and I only have so much cleanse at my disposal I die pretty quick. Is there some alternatives I'm missing, other than a couple utility slots? I normally play reaper. Is this just the way of it, or am I missing something?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zuko.7132 said:

Yes. Just as you need to dodge power damage, you also need to dodge condi damage. Learn the big condi skills and dodge them. Condi is annoying in that some of the skills that apply them aren’t as telegraphed, but the big ones typically are.

Just to be clear, Zuko is saying to dodge the skills that are applying the condi. You can't dodge the condi ticks themselves.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Just to be clear, Zuko is saying to dodge the skills that are applying the condi. You can't dodge the condi ticks themselves.

Correct. I could have been clearer. Once they’re on, they’re on unless you clear them or invuln them.

You simply can't dodge or evade all condi applications. There's not enough dodges or cleanse' in the game. 3's is much more oppressive as you have no where to escape or disengage.

Your best bet is to try and beat the enemy to the punch. If you can create pressure instead of being pressured then you'll find yourself on the winning end a lot more.

Here's what 90% of players do.

-Rush in

-Face roll 1-9+0

-Blow all your cleanse

-Heal

-Hope to god your team carries you through the rest of the match.

-Repeat rotation.

• Confused 1

Proper trait and sigil selection is also very important. I run escape and cleansing almost exclusively on one of my weapon sets.

As reaper you have access to Suffer! and Spectral Walk as your primary utility cleanses. Though Suffer! is more situational and tends to be better against classes like mesmer. Well of Power is also a decent pick if you want to dig in and win on the counter pressure.

Know your weapon skills. If you are running staff then dont just use skill 4 willy nilly. Its a really good cleanse, save for when you need it. If you prefer greatsword, consider taking dagger offhand for the extra blind and cleanse. Becareful though, the projectile can be reflected and transfer your opponents condis to you

For traits you can run Speed of Shadows from SR, Spiteful Renewal from Spite, and plague sending from Curses. However, blood magic and death magic have the best traits for condi management in Unholy Martyr and Shrouded Removal. Despite the former being heavily nerfed its still a decent pick and an excellent source of lifeforce.

• Like 1

The key to fight against conditions is to make sure you've gathered all the damage at once before clearing it.

It's impossible to avoid all the damage but as damage overtime it leaves you time to react at ramp ups.

Sometimes you're better off sucking up all the soft cc and small damaging conditions unless you know you can make the compromise of using your clears for those.