Mesmer healer sugestion

Ascency.3580

Ive played mesmer for quite a while, chrono specifically, and been toying with a concept of chrono healer. I know its been done, and ppl actually took this concept into endgame content, but while it is possible to heal as mesmer, it cant compete with any other heal build. And thats fine, im not saying mesmer should be able to do everything, however, i do think that one small change could enable chrono to actually be a viable healer, at least for some more specific fights - what if alls well that ends well gave couple of seconds of regen instead of flat healing? Overall heal output wouldnt really change much, but being able to upkeep regen, and with chaos/illusions chrono could in fact become a real good sustain healer with tons of great utility and dmg mitigation.

edit: my post is basically not true at all. mesmer does have plenty of regen sharing capabilities, on top of most other boons, can go quick or alac, and provide either with ease,  after giving it a bit more tought, and testing one simple change i didnt think of before ive come to realise chrono is actually an insanely good healer. might not be able to perform in every scenario, but oh boy can it heal if u think about it. will do more testing. so far it seems a very simple concept, but very fun and rewarding when done correctly.

Edited by Ascency.3580
  • Like 1

The problem with heal mesmer in general isn't the strength of the heals specifically (although they're not amazing) it's how you heal and when you heal.

• Restorative Illusions - small heal on illusion summon, nice sustain but requires investment and tricky to manage.
  • Healing prism - auto procs all the time, ICD, lovely.
  • Restorative Mantras - end of charging a mantra so takes 2s to heal.
  • All's well that ends well - end of the well so takes 3s to heal.

The biggest heals are all after 2-3s which is a major problem as 2-3s can be the difference between an ally being alive and an ally needing illusion of life which is honestly better than trying to heal most of the time.
I like the idea of adding regeneration but I wouldn't put it instead of a heal, it would be in addition as the regeneration boon is overwritten by whoever's is strongest. If someone has stronger regen boon then you have a dead trait. I would probably add AoE regen to restorative illusions myself and then buff/rework wells and alls well that ends well to pulse the heal on each tick.
Restorative mantras getting a lesser heal on activation would also be quite nice too or even switch the healing from on charge to on activation entirely?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Apheleion.8572 said:

Question on this I haven't tested it out myself but does chronophantasma trigger illusionary inspiration on phantasm resummon? So would it trigger twice and double heal?

I don't believe so since it doesn't spawn a clone.

Edited by ventress.4879

4 hours ago, ventress.4879 said:

For some reason resummon don't count just the initial cast, but maybe they changed it without telling us. 

As per the wiki article:

Heals the mesmer and 4 allies near the mesmer each time a clone or phantasm is created. Clones that appear from phantasms will also trigger the heal.

This means  Chronophantasmacan cause a single phantasm to active this trait 3 times.

• Like 1

yup tested great sword and staff out they both work giving 6 heals each warlock summons 2 they resummon 2 then become clones giving another 2 for 6 heals. with great sword use beserker summons2 resummons get 2 then clones again its pretty cool actually i dont have any healing gear but this could be a fun build especially with contiuum split netting you a whole bunch of heals in a short time

yes, chronophantasma does increse the healing output.

what i feel would be most interesting way to get regeneration available to chrono, would be thru staff 4 chaos aura. if it was applied to the group, (and then regen scaling and boon duration based on the chaos aura caster) it would allow to stack perma protection and regen on ur group. 

or maybe let signet of inspiration share boons again like it did once. and if thats too strong then make it extend boons as it does but share regen.

here is my suggestion mesmer heal/ support, also always open to critiques on stuff like this. just playing around trying to find new ways to play. I took mimic and signet of illusions to do like 3 shatters for aegis using distortion we lose out on like 200 healing because we don't have any power in the build but we gain some boon uptime. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAYtzlVw2YaMF2JW6SrNfA-zRJYoRNfZUdGkeJ47s0+mFA-e

Edited by Apheleion.8572

We have a heal spec that works in end game very well. Staff/staff mantra Mirage with deceptive evasion. Juggle your dodges and mantra casts and you maintain steady heals and boons. With access to jaunt for both more clone spam and ally chase you can keep people topped off easily (as long as they don't eat every mechanic). 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 2:51 PM, apharma.3741 said:

Healing prism - auto procs all the time, ICD, lovely.

It has always bothered me that this trait has an ICD when engineers are able to run rampant with Medical Dispersion Field. Even after it's nerf, that trait out performs the area heal from the mesmer trait. But i suppose Anet justifies it with the power to healing power conversion portion.