Honestly, how much more story do we need?

Content Drops with No Story Chapter?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Content Drops with No Story Chapter?

• Yes, I would prefer patches with more content at the cost of having no story chapter.
    • No, every patch needs to keep pushing the story, or I will lose interest.

A bit of both would be fine. I like story and I think it should be the main focus (because it's mmorpg and I think that's the main selling point), but revamping old contents or even adding new ones in its place to add replayability would go a long way.

On 3/8/2023 at 6:10 PM, cyberzombie.7348 said:

Typically such facets in story telling requires nuances and sound opinions from all fractions. So it lets the player form their own perspective, and explain why an opposing fraction is so prominent.

Kind of like the scene in PoF where you had to choose whom will Amnoon side with for protection against the Forge. With each person having varying opinions expressing the pros and cons for each choice. 

Anet is just not good at being nuanced or subtle. Usually you are flat out told which side is white and which is black (with no gray area in between at all), with no subtlety about it at all. And gray and morally complex issues are generally ignored or presented only from one point of view. Anet actually explained long ago that they don't want their players confused, and don't want them to ever have a reason to doubt if what they're doing is right and proper. Which is why the only time this uncertainty is brought up ingame, it is treated as a joke and violently interrupted due to the person bringing that up getting eaten midword. And why a lot of things that should be at least alarming or are just plain weird are being forced upon us without our character (or anyone else) ever commenting on the issue (the whole shining blade oath is probably the most atrocious case, but is by no means the only one).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3